Flail Mower expendable flail mower

/ expendable flail mower #1  

Sackett2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4344HST
I think found my next mower....
Stopped in at Betsco/value leader to check on a 6 foot brush hog and he showed me this. He only has 3 until next spring; and these 3 have commitments. I like the ability to pivot 180 degrees. Keith said a few things about the design; it needs a floating hydro. for the system so it will follow the terrain; and he is building a guide for the right outboard side to help it come out of the ditch when you reach the end.
cost will be under 2500. I think with the size of ditches here in Oregon; this will be a perfect addition to my fleet.

Attachments

• DSC00833.jpg
    DSC00833.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 409
  • DSC00834E.JPG
    DSC00834E.JPG
    346.3 KB · Views: 296
  • DSC00836.jpg
    DSC00836.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 233
  • DSC01091.jpg
    DSC01091.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 1,204
   / expendable flail mower
one more picture

Attachments

• AGL125_Right_Bank.jpg
    AGL125_Right_Bank.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 1,523
   / expendable flail mower #3  
expendable-so just throw it away when you get through. Just kidding. extendable.

/ expendable flail mower #4  
I like it. Might have to save my nickels and plan on that down the road. I have about a 1000' of fence line I will be cleaning up (taking most of the fence out) and reclaiming the edge.

Make sure to let us know how it works for you.

/ expendable flail mower #5  
doall said:
expendable-so just throw it away when you get through. Just kidding. extendable.

The title had me wondering too.

/ expendable flail mower
expendable/extendable.... my spell checker wouldn't find extendable
May not get it for a year or two; I dont have 1000' of fence line to worry about...
Got to admit, it sure is funny....

/ expendable flail mower #7  
Mine wouldn't allow it either. Is it a word or am I spelling it wrong.

/ expendable flail mower #8  
Actually, I think the correct term is boom mower.

/ expendable flail mower #9  
I picked up the 56" flail (value Leader) last year to do my blueberry field(not the boom mower). Never heard of them before that, but couldn't beat the price $1300 delivered . So far so good , had to grind down some on the front skids to get the bottom hole to line up so I could mow the lowest I could. But I'm happy with it so far, could use some hardened steel blades though. Plain on looking into maybe picking up something later from them.

/ expendable flail mower #10  
I think found my next mower....
Stopped in at Betsco/value leader to check on a 6 foot brush hog and he showed me this. He only has 3 until next spring; and these 3 have commitments. I like the ability to pivot 180 degrees. Keith said a few things about the design; it needs a floating hydro. for the system so it will follow the terrain; and he is building a guide for the right outboard side to help it come out of the ditch when you reach the end.
cost will be under 2500. I think with the size of ditches here in Oregon; this will be a perfect addition to my fleet.

How wide is that?

Do they have a website?