JD Mulcher...

/ JD Mulcher... #1  

floridaforestry

Tractor
RC-100
John Deere bringing down their new mulcher to demo for a few days. Looked at it in Birmingham at the factory, now we get to put it through the ropes. Will post some pics and feedback afterwards. Anyone else ran one yet and got feel for it?

/ JD Mulcher...
JD mulcher works very well. Lots of nice features. Don't care much for the head though. Ran it for roughly 7hrs. Found only minor issues, i.e. needed guarding, tracks seem to gouge easy. Overall nice well thought out machine.

Attachments

• 100_0564.jpg
    100_0564.jpg
    927.9 KB · Views: 991
  • 100_0555.jpg
    100_0555.jpg
    766.8 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_0561.jpg
    100_0561.jpg
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 349
   / JD Mulcher... #3  
Yep. Rubber tracks get destroyed pretty quick in the mulching business. We keep a spare to get us out of the woods if one breaks. Last one broke 3 miles deep in the woods while cutting a transect 6' wide. That was a fun day! That's also when we started keeping a spare. Rubber tracks are not ideal for most jobs, but a must have for residential.

It sure is nice, clean, and scratch free. Could you tell who made the head?

/ JD Mulcher... #4  
You didn't get it very dirty. :D

How about some action pics of it working? Maybe a video on YouTube?

/ JD Mulcher... #5  
Darn it, i was expecting a real mulcher, not a CTL. Maybe just maybe deere will one day make a competitor to barko and tigercat.

/ JD Mulcher... #6  
The head looks like a Fecon made unit. Similar to the ASV/Terex unit.

/ JD Mulcher... #7  
just put head on a 643 or 843 cutter

/ JD Mulcher...
The pics were taken before we used it. It rained most of the time we had it so the action pics are limited. It does come with a Fecon head as the standard. JD can get just about any other brand that one likes though. GR is handling the forestry packages on the CTL for the mulching applications. JD has addressed all the common issues that compact mulchers have, i.e. cooling, winch, accessibility to motor compartment, cleanout. The extra sound proofing and preasurized cab made using great. Can talk on the cell and listen to the optional radio with ease.

/ JD Mulcher... #10  
hey guys been a while been mulching i have just changed the tracks on my pt forestry machine it had 2050 hour on the first set and the other on has 1750 on it with plenty of track life left