Hauling Fire wood down the Hill

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #1  

Maxthefax

Tractor
Deutz Allis 1918
My neighbor has a large woods on the Hill above my place.
With his permission, I would like to drab small trees, (Dead and Fallen) down the hill to my home, to cut up for firewood.
I thought an old beat-up 4 wheeler might be quick, and agile.
Has anyone out there tried it?
What do you recommend?

Mack Baxter
imackbaxter@gmail.com

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #2  
Hello Maxthefax, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #3  
My neighbor has a large woods on the Hill above my place.
With his permission, I would like to drab small trees, (Dead and Fallen) down the hill to my home, to cut up for firewood.
I thought an old beat-up 4 wheeler might be quick, and agile.
Has anyone out there tried it?
What do you recommend?

Mack Baxter
imackbaxter@gmail.com

You would want more weight in front of you than you have behind you. You Could go into a downhill slide? Ken Sweet

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #5  
Welcome to TBN. :)
"down the hill "
Depending on size of tree not to many at once..try one or two to get feeling..if log/logs start sliding may hit your tractor which could do damage or worse.

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #6  
When wood is dragged it picks up stones, stones dull chain saws fast. It would be better to cut the wood to size on site and bring the finished lenghts home in something. So now we need to figure out what to toot the wood back in.
1 How steep and nasty is the hill.
2 What is the travel route like.
3 What is available in the area.
Craig Clayton

/ Hauling Fire wood down the Hill #8  
Welcome to TBN!

I myself live on some very hilly terrain. I prefer to block up the the logs at the original location and then haul them via an atv trailer down to the wood shed area. Hauling full length logs can be dangerous business on hilly terrain.
Good Luck :)