how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785 #1  

Jerry Horn

Tractor
L785
Hey all, forgive me I am new.
Does anyone know how to remove the hydraulic fluid from a New Holland L785 skid steer. It seems to have water in it but cannot find any way to drain it.
THank you in advance...

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785 #2  
Does your hyd tank not have a drain? If not, then you could suck it out with a oil pump. If possible, find the lowest point for a hyd fitting, and open it and let the fluid drain, then flush with some new fluid. If you drain the hydrostatic pump, there are procedures to prime it. You might even be able to catch all of the expended old fluid from the cyl and hyd motors before it gets to the tank. Once the pump is primed, the other components will self purge. If it is up on jacks, just run it slow and operate all the cylinders.

If possible, get a manual or talk to a hyd tech at the dealership.

Try and find out where the water is getting into the hydraulic system.

If left outside, throw a tarp over it.

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785 #4  
The chain cases are the reservoir. When it was new, there were plugs on the bottom, both sides. If they are worn off, the side covers can be removed- a real mess to do. Then use a suction gun to get out the last bit of oil.

Seal up the cover plates on top of the chain cases, that's probably how water got in.

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785
Thank you all so much. No drain so I sucked out as much as I could then removed the chain cover. You nailed it, odd set up but was able to remove all but what was in the lines. Do you know how to bleed the system. Don't want to burn up the pump. I have put in 25 gal but not sure if its full. My book says it holds 88 liters.
Thanks again you all rock.:thumbsup:

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785 #6  
With the oil topped off, start the engine. The pumps should prime themselves.

/ how to drain hydraulic fluid in new holland skid steer L785 #7  
how to bypass the seat and seat belt safety on a 785 skid steer