Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders?

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #1  

arkanoid

Tractor
Ford 861, Kioti RX7320, Case 25+4
Anyone know anything about the Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? Such as This one. The few that have reviews seem OK, but seem to be new users. I don't see a seal kit listed on Northern which makes me a little hesitant. Given the price, I have to guess they aren't that great, but interested in any experience with them.

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #2  
Anyone know anything about the Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? Such as This one. The few that have reviews seem OK, but seem to be new users. I don't see a seal kit listed on Northern which makes me a little hesitant. Given the price, I have to guess they aren't that great, but interested in any experience with them.

nothing wrong with those cylinders as long as you keep them with in there working limits !
as for seals any hydraulic shop will have the seals for them !

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders?
nothing wrong with those cylinders as long as you keep them with in there working limits !
as for seals any hydraulic shop will have the seals for them !

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured, but I'm a hydraulics newbie for sure.

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #4  
Even if they sold the seal kits today, who's to say they will in five years when you need them?

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #5  
I just bought a 5x24x2 for $200 to use on my homemade diesel log splitter. Give me a few more weeks to get everything welded up and I'll let you know how it works out.

My only gripe is the **** packaging....Northern just slapped a UPS label on it and away it went. Rolled around every surface from NC where it came from to Western Ohio.

Gouges, scuffs, and a lot of chipped paint is just the looks, but it looks like ****. I even asked the girl i ordered it from if they put it in a box, to which she said "yes", so I'll have to call and give them an earful tomorrow!

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #6  
My only gripe is the **** packaging....Northern just slapped a UPS label on it and away it went. Rolled around every surface from NC where it came from to Western Ohio. !

We recieved a box at the shop yesterday. I'm pretty sure that your cylinder rolled into it more than once. Why UPS would let a cylinder ship without some sort of protection...

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #7  
same thing if you order a wheel rim....

soundguy

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #8  
I was going to order a cylinder on line but decided that after the shipping costs it was just easier and about the same price buying from Tractor supply.

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #9  
I was going to order a cylinder on line but decided that after the shipping costs it was just easier and about the same price buying from Tractor supply.

That's what I did. I just bought my cylinders for my backhoe at orscheln. They were around $86.00 each there.

I found some on ebay and other sites for that price. But by the time I paid for shipping. It would come out to $120.00 or so.

Chad

/ Nortrac Hydraulic Cylinders? #10  

If you guys have a Rural King around you, they have 4x24 tie rod cylinders for $159. Go to Rural King - America's Farm & Home Store and do the store locator thing. They took away our Quality Farm & Fleet store 10 years ago and the TSC's dont have nearly the stuff that Farm & Fleet had, so i drive 50 miles to visit Rural King once a month or so. They can even order larger cylinders if you need a bigger one.