497.6 KB · Views: 268
  • 000_0028.JPG
    000_0028.JPG
    373.2 KB · Views: 252
  • 000_0029.JPG
    000_0029.JPG
    418.5 KB · Views: 393
   / Battery Operated Warning Lights #2  
something you can convert over to tractor power to keep from buying batteries all the time?

/ Battery Operated Warning Lights #3  
Pretty cool!

Looks similar to what we use for setting up the L.Z. for the helicopter to land.

I may have to get a couple- I want to put them on my FEL arms near the bucket for visibility when I plow. It would be handy to just pop them on when I need to and not have to worry about running wires. 70 hour burn time in flash mode on batteries would run me the whole winter.

/ Battery Operated Warning Lights
Unfortunately, I lost one in the snow today. I guess I'll have to wait until spring...(they are waterproof and crush-resistant)

Last edited:
   / Battery Operated Warning Lights #7  
No, but they run for a longggggg time before they run out.

"no" ? you sure about that?

it's a plastic box with a lamp, and some sort of power cell....i can't think of a valid reason why it could not be converted to run off renewable power?????

soundguy

/ Battery Operated Warning Lights #8  
I'm sure you could convert it but- LED's run on small voltage, so the added expense of electronics to adapt to 12v might be prohibitive.

I'd be interested in knowing, i just don't know alot about LED set ups

/ Battery Operated Warning Lights
"no" ? you sure about that?

it's a plastic box with a lamp, and some sort of power cell....i can't think of a valid reason why it could not be converted to run off renewable power?????

soundguy

I'll change "no" to "not easily" or "I'm' not going to try"...:thumbsup:

/ Battery Operated Warning Lights #10  
'not going to try' will do... because the 'not easilly' simply ain't true.

it's running of some standardized supply voltage in that box. and as long as it's less than 14v.. it's *-=(VERY EASY)=-* to drop the voltage down to what it wants.

As far as the led's running on very little voltage. you might be surprised... they run on very little current.. but depending ont he led setup, and if they have a mole driving them or not.. supply votlage could be as high as 12v :)

cost prohibitive? probably 5$ in radio shack parts is what it would take to rig up something to power them lamps off tractor power... that and a lil E=IR ....

soundguy