MF 1643

/ MF 1643 #2  
More than a few folks have the tractor on here. I bet they would be glad to answer any questions you might have. I will be glad to help in any way i can.:thumbsup:

/ MF 1643 #3  
I've had mine since July '10. What would you like to know?

/ MF 1643 #4  
I just got mine 5 day's ago. still waiting for warmer weather to get it out and play with it. it's sitting in the shop with 1 hour on it.

/ MF 1643 #5  
I just got a 1648, same tractor, just a couple of extra ponies, what would you like to know?

/ MF 1643
Basically just trying to determine how folks that have had one would buy one again and if anyone has had any problems with one.
Does the engine have balance shafts in it? How would you rate the smoothness of the 4cyl. engine? Thanks for the replies.

/ MF 1643 #8  
Basically just trying to determine how folks that have had one would buy one again and if anyone has had any problems with one.
Does the engine have balance shafts in it? How would you rate the smoothness of the 4cyl. engine? Thanks for the replies.

I have had no problems at all with mine. I have the HST transmission, which is excellent. Only things I would change is adding factory rear remotes and a block heater. I'm going to have my dealer install both in the near future.

I'm not sure if the Iseki has a balance shaft or not, but I can tell you that it is extremely smooth. The engine is well isolated from the chasis and the operators platform is isolated from the chasis, so there is very little vibration that is felt by the operator. In fact, its almost TOO comfortable to drive...my wife likes it so much that I rarely get to use it!!!!!!

Overall fit and finish is exceptional. The paint matches anything the auto industry is putting out. I added extra lights to the fender and ROPS on mine. The factory headlights are incredibly bright, but unfortunately, if you add a FEL, the loader tends to block them much of the time.

I looked at JD, CaseIH, and NH before buying my MF. I am a big Deere fan and really wanted a Deere (and fully expected to buy one). The only reason I even looked at any other brands was to make my wife happy by shoppig around. When I saw the MF, I changed my mind instantly. Everyone has their favorite color and are sometimes blinded by that, but I think if you look at the tractors honestly, the Massey is a much better tractor than what any of the other manufacturers are currently offering.

Sorry for the long post. Bottom line, I love my 1643 and would recommend it to anyone.

/ MF 1643
Does yours start well in cold weather?

/ MF 1643 #10  
Does yours start well in cold weather?

I store mine in an unheated garage. The coldest its been in the garage is about 20F. The tractor always starts up first crank after I hit the glow plugs for 30-60 seconds. It smokes and rattles a bit, but it runs! I usually let it warm up for 15 minutes or so before I put it to use. I don't think the block heater is necessary, but it hurts my feelings to hear it start up cold!