Loader Front End Loader for 6610s

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #1  

GilSilvers

Tractor
2008 John Deere 5403
I have heavy brush to clear on my 42 acre homestead. My first ever tractor purchase is a '94 Ford 6610s - still at the dealer. The rotary cutter I'm going to use requires 60hp min, so I sized my tractor accordingly..

I didn't buy it for front-end loader work, but it would be nice to have for moving a little dirt or gravel around - not so much for clearing brush.

Question is - can a 6610s handle a FEL? Where would I get one?

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #2  
yes a 6610 can handle a front end loader but u will need to fill the back tires and 10.00 X 16 front tires also help. the ford loader number is 7210 if 2 wheel drive are 7410 for 4 wheel drive there are many aftermarkett loaders for these tractors other than the ford nh loader which is a smc loader and u can still buy that loader new. but the cheapest i found as a used tractor dealer for new loaders is at the loader super center in idabel ok. he can ship it to u also. but bush hog rhino, ezee on, woods, koyker all have loaders for this tractor

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #3  
We used to have a 6610 with a FEL, it was a decent utility loader tractor for it's day. Yes without 4wd you will need either fluid in the rears or a set of wheel weights, we had weights. We had a Miller loader, check them out, very heavy duty but priced right. IMO they have the best loader buckets, built like a tank! We now have a NH loader on a 6050 as well as on my 8N Boomer. Nice enough loaders but not nearly as heavy duty as the Miller, the buckets are very light compared to the Miller buckets as well.

/ Front End Loader for 6610s
Ok, thanks whodat.

I checked out the Miller loaders. Nice selection. They sized my tractor for the G20 but the nearest dealer is 680 miles away.

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #6  
yes a 6610 can handle a front end loader but u will need to fill the back tires and 10.00 X 16 front tires also help. the ford loader number is 7210 if 2 wheel drive are 7410 for 4 wheel drive there are many aftermarkett loaders for these tractors other than the ford nh loader which is a smc loader and u can still buy that loader new. but the cheapest i found as a used tractor dealer for new loaders is at the loader super center in idabel ok. he can ship it to u also. but bush hog rhino, ezee on, woods, koyker all have loaders for this tractor

7210 and 7410 loaders have been out of production for at least 10 years and SMC hasn't built loaders for NH in more than 5. The only new SMC loaders to be found for NH tractors will be NOS on a dealer's lot somewhere. not terribly likely, and probably not the best choice at this time anyways.

Ok, so I'm getting the picture. A loader bucket picking up 3,000lbs of gravel is going to challenge the 7.5x16 front tires, so 10x16 would beef them up. Tires that size are $200 at Gemplers, not sure if I'd need new wheels. So at least $500 for the front.

And a 3,000lb front load will pivot weight off my rear tires and I'll lose some traction. So fluid fill my rears or put on wheel weights. Haven't priced either of those, but probably $500 - $1,000?

Displaying total newbieness here, and what a cheapskate I am:

I'm fine upgrading my front. But what if add rear weight with my heavy-duty 600lb box blade plus strap a water-filled barrel to it to bring it to 1,000lbs? Would that counterbalance a heavy front bucket? For free? Trade offs being... my working machine is longer and less maneuverable? And I'm levitating 1,000lbs in the rear with hydraulics? Dumb idea?

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #8  
That will work, but it does all that you said, by limiting maneurverability. What size rear tires? If 16.9X30, you will need fluid plus wheel weights, and a counterbalance maybe.

/ Front End Loader for 6610s #9  
7210 and 7410 loaders have been out of production for at least 10 years and SMC hasn't built loaders for NH in more than 5. The only new SMC loaders to be found for NH tractors will be NOS on a dealer's lot somewhere. not terribly likely, and probably not the best choice at this time anyways.

u can still get smc loader and i know they haven't built teme for ford in a while but i was saying the 7210 loader is the factory loader for that tractor which was made by smc and u can still get a smc loader new