Snow blower wings

/ Snow blower wings #1  

Plow Jockey

Tractor
Ford 1715 JD 262
Been among the missing for some time now and haven't been on any lately.
But I've been enjoying the new blower I got last year and didn't get to use.:(
This year we've had some snow to play with,so my question is does anyone have a design for some wings to extend the width of the blower. I would like to widen it maybe 6" on both sides to avoid the wheels from kicking in more snow.
The blower is a 64" frontier and it seems to be the same width as the tractor,
go figure !
Any ideas ?
Thanks guys.:)

/ Snow blower wings #2  
Seems a few owners have had the same idea. I asked basically the same question and got a whole bunch of answers.

I decided on 4" on each side for my extension and even that, I think, might be too much. I have the material cut and bent and just have to paint and install now.

Here is the link to the thread I started - exactly the same scenario.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/193282-widening-snowblower-front.html

Incidently it cost me $50 for the wings - cut and bent to my specs plus two pieces of 2" x 1/4" flat bar 33" long. Not very expensive - just five bolts on each wing to install is all.

HTH

Jim

/ Snow blower wings
Thanks Jim, I've got a shop close who can bend what ever I need.
Even 4" might be enough to get me by.:thumbsup:

/ Snow blower wings
Jim, Just looked at your first post and that is just what I was toying with !
Thanks again for re-posting it.

/ Snow blower wings #6  
Here is what I did - the extra width is 4" each side. They seem to make a difference - I now have a couple of inches clearance on each side of the rear wheels.

Cheers

Jim

Attachments

• Snow Blower Wings - 4.jpg
    Snow Blower Wings - 4.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,708
   / Snow blower wings
I will try "winging it" for the rest of the winter and start working on the attachment this spring. This is the best part about this site,just so many great ideas out there. Thanks!:thumbsup:
Jim

/ Snow blower wings #8  
Any Kubota Dealer sell them, call drift cutters, abour $150.00 per pair, they bolt on.
DevilDog