Why BobCat?

/ Why BobCat? #1  

kayaker

Tractor
Massey 1529
I'm currently in the market for a compact tractor around the 26hp range give or take a few HP. I was originally looking into used one from the kubota, NH, and Massey. The price around here for used are outrageous. Then I stumbled across Kioti. With a little research discovered BOBCAT. Hoping to go price and sit on these this week. I'm looking at the CT225 or CT122 or the Kioti equivalent. My question for you BOBCAT owners: Why did you go with BOBCAT instead of KIOTI? I would think Kioti would be cheaper for the same machine? Was it the dealer, or has BobCat made a few refinements to how the tractors are built for them that persuaded you?

I would be getting a FEL. There seems to be some debate in the difference between the Kioti and BOBCAT loaders? Can you fill me in?

I'll be using this tractor to maintain my 1300 foot driveway. Landscaping around the house. Cutting firewood and simply playing around, cause I'm a man and want a tractor!
Thanks in Advance!

/ Why BobCat? #2  
I chose Bobcat for a few reasons. First know I am a landscape contractor and have been part of a family farm for a long time so tractors are nothing new to me.
1. I have come to know the Bobcat name for sometime now in skid loaders and excavators. We use them regularly and trust the name. Even though it is a Kioti basically, I know/knew Bobcat would take part extensively in its manufacture and thats what I trust.
2. We have a Bobcat dealer that I am used to dealing with which is closer than the Kioti dealer.
3. Price was absolutely unbeatable. We already have some of the other colors and I grew up using them, but when I can buy a Bobcat for half the price.....no brainer. I happened to buy one when they were "giving them away" in spring 09.
I would base my decision on price and dealer. Sometimes one has a better rebate than the other and that can make all the difference in the world.

Hope this helps

/ Why BobCat? #3  
1. Dealer support was there for Bobcat, not so much for Kioti.
2. Price was unbeatable. 3 to 4 K cheaper than the used tractors I was looking at.
3. Bobcat sells some pretty skookum attachments.

Wait for them to go back on sale. It's worth it.

/ Why BobCat? #4  
I think many of us bought BC a few years ago when they had the free loader, free financing and rebates. I personally saved $9k off of the new price, some did even better than that.

I know they still run the free loader deals every once in a while if you are willing to wait.

If you are stepping into the 2xx series, I would recommend going with the 230 or 235. There were a few people that complained of the lack of power of the 225 but I don't recall anyone with any complaints on the 230 or 235. Use the search function for this forum and you cna probably find a few of those threads.

I personally have a 230 and I have no issues with it at all. It was the best investment I have ever made.

/ Why BobCat? #5  
I agree, ship the 225, that is what I started with, I was the 2nd in WI to own a BC tractor, then after power frustrations sold mine and took delivery in sept of a 235, night and day difference!

also why bc over kioti

name recognition
dealer on every corner vs not a one in WI
price
features standard vs extra on others

/ Why BobCat? #6  
I chose a Bobcat for a few reasons. I did also learn that the Bobcat line was very similar to the Kioti line, in fact built in the same factory, but I am in northern MI and don't even know where the nearest Kioti dealer is. Also when my wife and I were looking we looked at the blue, red, and green tractors and felt like the Bobcat tractor was much more tractor for price. A comparable JD tractor to the CT335 with hp and FEL lift cap. was in the 20's when we bought ours around 16,600. Also it came standerd with cruise (didn't think I would use it but do), draw bar (JD you had to purchase seperate), rubber floor mat, and the capability for rear remotes. I liked this tractor because it seemed like you could build up from it, not just stuck with what you bought. It was made over seas but also are most of the tractors this size even by the other lines. My CT335 has been a very solid tractor and we are not disappointed with it. :)

/ Why BobCat? #7  
Biggest bang for the buck! Saved about 1700 compared to its Kioti twin, and saved 8-9000 when compared to NH, JD, and Kubota. Bobcat also is an establshed brand and dealers are easy to find.

/ Why BobCat?
made a trip to the BOBCAT dealer. Not the best day to go as it was super nasty and with a cold rain. Did get a quote on a CT122 of 14,660 out the door, tax and all. This was with a FEL, set of rear hydraulic valves. I feel this is a bit high or am I kidding myself?

/ Why BobCat? #9  
No to CT122...get a CT230 at minimum.

/ Why BobCat? #10  
made a trip to the BOBCAT dealer. Not the best day to go as it was super nasty and with a cold rain. Did get a quote on a CT122 of 14,660 out the door, tax and all. This was with a FEL, set of rear hydraulic valves. I feel this is a bit high or am I kidding myself?

Tractor shopping is fun. Check all the competition in your area that you can find. You'll find out which dealer wants to sell a tractor the most, and you'll know when you're getting a good price. Shop all the brands and dealers that you can get to reasonbly.

I also wouldn't be afraid of checking prices through some of the reputable dealers that are shipping tractors across state lines at good prices. For example: Barlows that is 500 miles away offered me close to 1000 dollar better price on a Kubota delivered to my house than the dealer 5 miles away did.