Snow Yeeehaaaa 17" of fun in the sun(Family safe)

/ Yeeehaaaa 17" of fun in the sun(Family safe) #1  

Stormtruck2

Bronze Member
Tractor
02 JD 4600 FEL, 72 MM Mower, Cab
My best quesstiment is 17" of snow from this last storm.:thumbsup: With the wind it was hard to measure. Measurements varied from dusting to 6 foot. In the quieter wind protected areas 17" was about the average. 155 foot driveway took 2 hours plus to dig out with the end loader, and the son using a JD 928E snowblower. All told 8 hours plus seat time,:thumbsup::licking: 9 drives dug out, 1 pick up, 1 van pulled out of drifts or plowed in on the street. Approximently 11 gallons of diesel, 4 gallons of gas burned. Total fuel cost, $61.00 in fuel burned, $0.00 paid by those I dug out.:cool: Just neighbors helping neighbors.:) I'm sure when I'm down they will be there for me. If not, I know I helped. Had a blast doing it too. My face still hurts from grinning.:D BTW, wifey seriously thinking about the need for a 3pt blower. One more good blizzard and I may have that 72" blower!!:tractor:

/ Yeeehaaaa 17" of fun in the sun(Family safe) #2  
get the blower, its amazing how quick and efficient they are. it does take away from a little seat time but maybe it will get you a few more driveways to clear in the same amount of time. 72", dang, that will do some damage on that 17".

/ Yeeehaaaa 17" of fun in the sun(Family safe) #3  
Nice thing about a blower is no snow piles to create bigger drifts when you are done.