Pallet forks for my B2920

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #1  

fredhargis

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920, Kioto CK3510HB
I thought I saw this sometime back, but can't find the thread. I'd like a set of forks for my 2920, but not the clamp/chain/bucket type. I thought I'd read where the forks from a larger model (3030 or 3200 ?) would fit the 2920 FEL arms. Can someone confirm (or deny) this? If true, about how much do those forks cost? I don't really need any QA options, just a serviceable bolt on set of forks. Thanks for any info.....

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #2  
I thought I saw this sometime back, but can't find the thread. I'd like a set of forks for my 2920, but not the clamp/chain/bucket type. I thought I'd read where the forks from a larger model (3030 or 3200 ?) would fit the 2920 FEL arms. Can someone confirm (or deny) this? If true, about how much do those forks cost? I don't really need any QA options, just a serviceable bolt on set of forks. Thanks for any info.....

There is a set available from Kubota for around $1000. They will fit on the B2320/2620/ 2920/3200/3300. They all have the same mounting dimensions.
I have a set and they work quite well. I also have the quick attach system for my loader which makes switching a breeze.

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #3  
If you go to the Kubota Website and price out a B3200 with options, you can see what you need which is the quick attach plus the forks. It is not listed as an option for the B2x20 series, but they fit.

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #4  
Before I'd hand Kubota a grand for forks only, I'd get a universal SSQA from Washburn for $500 and new forks from Skid Steer Express for under $500.
A SSQA gives you much more versatility.

/ Pallet forks for my B2920
Before I'd hand Kubota a grand for forks only, I'd get a universal SSQA from Washburn for $500 and new forks from Skid Steer Express for under $500.
A SSQA gives you much more versatility.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had a pair of SS forks from my Bobcat 743 (sold when I bought the tractor) and the reason I didn't adapt them over was weight, they must have weighed about 300#. My 2920 only lifts close to 1000 #. The QA and the heavier forks will come right off that lifting weight.. and the use I have just doesn't dictate a QA. That's why I was pursuing a set of bolt ons that would just fit on the loader arms. I'm also hoping the Kubota forks are a lot lighter tan the SS forks I had.

Last edited:
   / Pallet forks for my B2920 #6  
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had a pair of SS forks from my Bobcat 743 (sold when I bought the tractor) and the reason I didn't adapt them over was weight, they must have weighed about 300#. My 2920 only lifts close to 1000 #. The QA and the heavier forks will come right off that lifting weight.. and the use I have just doesn't dictate a QA. That's why I was pursuing a set of bolt ons that would just fit on the loader arms. I'm also hoping the Kubota forks are a lot lighter tan the SS forks I had.

The kubota forks are quite light. Their lift capacity is only 600# but I picked 1200 the other day and nothing bent or broke so they are plenty tough for a b series kubota. I think they are not bad value. The only cheaper way is to use the bolt on the bucket type and they either bend the bucket or you can't lift much because it is so far out.:)

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #7  
I have the Kubota forks and they are great. For about 200 more you get the QA and (no offense meant at all) it might be foolish not to get them. I have the 60" bucket, the 50" with a toothbar and the forks. I can change in just a minute and no grease hassles. I have changed three times in a day before and it is probably my favorite part of the tractor.

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #8  
Hi,
Yes, as others have said the Kubota brand B3200 (LA504 loader) Q/A bracket will bolt right on the B2X20 series LA364). The bracket only weighs about 30lbs. and works great! UPS delivered it via my dealer. The bracket is very reasonable for how well it works.

The problem with using SS Q/A on smaller tractors is weight of brackets and that style of forks (and cost).

After looking at most brands of Q/A forks (calls and e-mails to various manufacturers) and waiting for back ordered Kubota forks for 6 months, I looked at many other brands and settled on these Cal manufacturing ones with which my dealer (JT's favorite which I agree) also had an account. I'm glad the Kubota brand forks were BO'd.
The Kubota forks weighed in at around 335 lbs (via Kubota tech support). and the CAL's are listed at 220lbs. These are US made and $300-$400 less than Kubota's set. What also is nice about these compared to some other after market fork sets is that even those these look like the floating type forks (that would swing forward when you tilt forks down)...they are not! They lock to the frame and are a breeze to adjust the forks and the frame is light enough I can shove it out of the way when they are detached.

I would recommend if you look at this brand that you do not be tempted into the larger size sets unless you have a much larger FEL because a set was initially delivered here by accident and though they hooked on tractor they were huge! About 450lbs!

I had clamp on forks with a previous tractor and going this route is night and day improvement in function, speed, uses, etc.

If you are seriously considering...I just can't recommend this system enough.
tp

Attachments

• 2920 with FEL pin crop.jpg
    2920 with FEL pin crop.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 925
  • compact forks.png
    compact forks.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 949
   / Pallet forks for my B2920
Tompet, thanks for the link...I hadn't considered anything aftermarket but these look like a winner. If the QA only weighs about 30# I might as well go ahead and get that setup.

/ Pallet forks for my B2920 #10  
Tompet, thanks for the link...I hadn't considered anything aftermarket but these look like a winner. If the QA only weighs about 30# I might as well go ahead and get that setup.

I also have the Kubota QA system. Highly recommend it if you are going to change attachments. Quick and easy and makes using pallet forks etc and easy task.:thumbsup: