Leaking seal on 5740

/ Leaking seal on 5740 #1  

nebraskasparks

Gold Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L5740 HST and JD X734
Anyone have a problem on the rear seals on the 5740 weeping enough to get your attention? No leaks per say but enough residue to catch my eye. -17 this morning...springs right around the corner:laughing:

/ Leaking seal on 5740 #2  
.......... the rear seals on the 5740 weeping enough to get your attention? No leaks per say but enough residue to catch my eye.......
which seals - axle? 3ph? pto? remotes?

/ Leaking seal on 5740 #3  
Sorry to hear about any leaking seals on a tractor that new, my 03 L5030 has no leaks and the service records do not indicate any issues with it. Good luck.

/ Leaking seal on 5740 #4  
Anyone have a problem on the rear seals on the 5740 weeping enough to get your attention? No leaks per say but enough residue to catch my eye. -17 this morning...springs right around the corner:laughing:

Which seals? The site glass on my L4200 weeps. Sometimes it makes a drip on the ground, but usually not. When I got the tractor, there was 1/4" of goop covering the whole area. I cleaned it using degreaser and a pressure washer. Now, the whole PTO/3pt section of the rear axle first gets shiny, then starts to built up black spooge. Once or twice a year shot with a powerwasher keeps it clean enough not to notice.

Someday I'm gonna change that site glass seal...I really am...

JayC

/ Leaking seal on 5740
Sorry to hear about any leaking seals on a tractor that new, my 03 L5030 has no leaks and the service records do not indicate any issues with it. Good luck.

Right rear axle seal has a band around the whole seal about 1 inch away on each side of the casing/split line. Just a light film but enough to catch your eye and dirt to make it obvious.