Lucknow Snowblower

/ Lucknow Snowblower #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I am looking at a 60" wide 3ph Lucknow snowblower . I have seen it working and everything appears fine. A little surface rust but nothing serious. A couple of questions.
1 - What would a fair price be for one of these?
2 - Is it possible and/or practical to put sides on the blower so it would cover the width of a 66" wide tractor. I have seen something like this on garden tractor blowers where the actual auger was 30" but the sides made the cut 36" wide. I'm not sure if there are any saftey issues with a larger 3ph blower)

Thanks
Bob

/ Lucknow Snowblower #2  
Hey Bob,

Did you get the Massey?

If your wheel width is 66" I'd look for a 72" blower myself.

/ Lucknow Snowblower #3  
Bob,I have the same snowblower, I got mine used (only one season) with my tractor. The original cost was $1800.00 new. That will give you a start on price. As for the wings, I have seen them on 3pt. snowblowers so it should work. If the snow is deep you will have to just go slower.

/ Lucknow Snowblower
Hey Woodbeef
Yes, I did get the Massey - well it is being trucked tomorrow. I have a 76" meteor blower so I don't really need the 5 footer - I hope to sell it and recover some of my costs.

Cheers
bob

/ Lucknow Snowblower #5  
hey Bob,

Alright,way to go,sir!! I guess your Christmas(ooopppsss Holiday) present sounds to be coming a few days early!!

/ Lucknow Snowblower #6  
Hey Bob - What did you end up doing? Does Lucknow make a good blower? I looked for a manufacturer's website... no luck (now)... oh was that bad or what!

I'm also looking at a used Lucknow blower... I hope that it is not the same one that you're looking to buy... This one is supposed to be 52" wide... just enough for my TC21.

/ Lucknow Snowblower
Morning Steve
Well, I did the deal on the MF FE 35 and the snowblower came with it. I measured it again before completing the deal and it turns out to be a 75" wide blower. I don't know about Lucknows reputation but the blower seems to be in decent shape and there are lots of them around - this one is paint scraped of course but bearings seem to run easily and true.

I already have a 78" Meteor blower that I am very pleased with so I think I'll spend a bit of time on wire brush and paint and put the Lucknow up for sale.

Where do you hang out in Ontario - I am east of Peterborough.

Bob

/ Lucknow Snowblower #8  
Bob - Sounds like you're ready for a little bit of snow. I hear 10cm tonight... but that's just enough to get the oil in your engine warm! Hey... maybe you could mount up one blower on the back and one on the front!

We're out of Aurora... It's kind of a temporary thing (long story). However, given that we will not be here long, I'm struggling with if I really need a 3ph snowblower (I hate it when the question of actual "need" gets in the way of what I want...). I sure would be nice (and fast) to plow going down the drive, and blow in reverse on the way back up.

I guess I'll need to argue with myself a bit longer...