3 point hitch grapple

/ 3 point hitch grapple #1  

Lt220

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 3032E with rear hydraulics
My latest tractor implement project.....a 3 point hitch grapple. I tossed up the idea about this for a while. On my days off from the fire hall, I help my Father-in-law cut trees. While he is in the bucket truck doing the trimming, I'm on the ground doing the dragging! I wanted to build something that I could drag brush to the chipper pile and also skid small logs. I came up with a forked bucket that hooks up to my JD quick hitch with a hydraulic grapple mounted to the bucket. The grapple is removable so I can use the forked bucket for other tasks as well. The pictures don't show it but I did go back and reinforce all the joints on the grapple arm with welded metal gussets to help secure the joints due to the hydraulic pressure. I also made welded fixed pins for the 3 point arms and top link because I wanted it to fit my quick hitch. The bucket works very well with my hydraulic top link also. This allows me to tip the bucket up or down. The cost for all metal, hardware, cylinder, hoses and paint was somewhere around $400.00.

Attachments

• Grapple 1.jpg
    Grapple 1.jpg
    762 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Grapple 2.jpg
    Grapple 2.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 2,306
  • Grapple 3.jpg
    Grapple 3.jpg
    729.1 KB · Views: 1,940
  • Grapple 4.jpg
    Grapple 4.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Grapple 5.jpg
    Grapple 5.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 1,701
  • Grapple 6.jpg
    Grapple 6.jpg
    783.9 KB · Views: 904
  • Grapple 7.jpg
    Grapple 7.jpg
    719 KB · Views: 1,870
   / 3 point hitch grapple #2  
Nice work, LT.

Looks like you could pick up a car with it.

/ 3 point hitch grapple #4  
$400! Let me send you my shipping address :laughing:

/ 3 point hitch grapple #5  
Beautiful work! You could market that commercially in a heart beat.

/ 3 point hitch grapple #6  
Very nice job!!;)

Don't think I've seen one on the 3PH!.. I like it!

Post some pictures of some action shots when you get time!:)

Thanks for sharing!

/ 3 point hitch grapple #7  
I agree, great unit and workmanship. That thing has quite a mouth on it, you should be able to get around most anything. Some action shots would be appreciated when you put it to work. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.

gg

/ 3 point hitch grapple #9  
Beautiful work! You could market that commercially in a heart beat.
Ditto, on this comment. It needs the Hydraulic Toplink to work but TnT is so useful, too.

I can not believe this thread is not more popular. I think it's really a creativity idea.

Last edited:
   / 3 point hitch grapple #10  
Great Idea :thumbsup:
I have been toying with the idea of a front grapple, I f I do finally do it, I will definetly make it adaptable to the imatch.

JB