Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Did a search on line and all I could find was Galfre drum mower for around $3000. Does anyone else make these for a SCUT? Thanks.

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #2  
The Double Action Superior Micro with 5 ft sickle bar comes in at $2995. We are also a dealer for Galfre and the FR/G is $2995. Ken Sweet

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #3  
Did a search on line and all I could find was Galfre drum mower for around $3000. Does anyone else make these for a SCUT? Thanks.

I don't think your MF GC 2610 has enough pto HP to run even the smallest Galfre drum mower which takes 30-40 pto hp. Your 2610 only has 19.6 pto hp. And your tractor is very small and light weight to run a drum mower.

CCM makes a drum mower with a 53" cut that weighs 750 hp and needs 20 pto hp. But CCM says the minumum tractor weight is 2500 lb. If I read the specs right, your 2610 without the backhoe only weighs about 1400 lb.

HayMAGNUM Drum Mowers by CCM

If you want a mower that cuts similar to a drum mower (i.e. cuts like a hay mower without chopping the cuttings like a rotary mower/brush hog), then a sicklebar mower would work with your 2610.

Good luck.

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #4  

You should state what you intend to mow so we can advise what attachment is best suited.

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #5  
Small Farm Innovations (branded SFI) has a 48" drum mower that requires 20 hp.

Also search MicroStar - they used to make full line of hay equipment including balers for tiny tractors.

Search Youtube. Galfre is one of the video demos, but I think there are several others too.

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT
I don't think your MF GC 2610 has enough pto HP to run even the smallest Galfre drum mower which takes 30-40 pto hp. Your 2610 only has 19.6 pto hp. And your tractor is very small and light weight to run a drum mower.

CCM makes a drum mower with a 53" cut that weighs 750 hp and needs 20 pto hp. But CCM says the minumum tractor weight is 2500 lb. If I read the specs right, your 2610 without the backhoe only weighs about 1400 lb.

HayMAGNUM Drum Mowers by CCM

If you want a mower that cuts similar to a drum mower (i.e. cuts like a hay mower without chopping the cuttings like a rotary mower/brush hog), then a sicklebar mower would work with your 2610.

Good luck.

Weight is an issue, but I don't think there is a sickle mower that would not be too heavy for the GC.
You should state what you intend to mow so we can advise what attachment is best suited.

What I intend to use this for is embankments that are too steep for the GC with a bush hog, ie; the road frontage along my farm which is about a mile. Just too long to weed eat 2x a year. And just general maintenance around the edges of my pastures under trees and such, which I cannot get too with the bush hog.

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #7  
A sickle bar is a very handy device. It can cut grass in difficult places or trim hedges (vertical or horizontal cuts). It is not very heavy and does not require a very powerful or heavy tractor. I don't think you can get this British model, but there must be many like that in the US.

Attachments

• DSCF3004 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3004 (Copier).JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 456
  • DSCF3174 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3174 (Copier).JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 570
  • DSCF3172 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3172 (Copier).JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 440
  • DSCF3160 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3160 (Copier).JPG
    291.9 KB · Views: 770
  • DSCF3161 (Copier).JPG
    DSCF3161 (Copier).JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 514
   / Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #8  
I don't have the specs in front of me, however, The importer of Galfre told me last week that the small disc mower weighed about 400 lbs and he had has ran it on a 15 hp grey market tractor. When I get to the office, I will post a video. The Superior 5 ft Micro sickle mower will weigh in around 425. Ken Sweet

/ Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #9  
I don't have the specs in front of me, however, The importer of Galfre told me last week that the small disc mower weighed about 400 lbs and he had has ran it on a 15 hp grey market tractor. When I get to the office, I will post a video. The Superior 5 ft Micro sickle mower will weigh in around 425. Ken Sweet
The Galfre' FR/G 130 requires 40 HP per Galfre'. (see link)
The CCM 135 drum mower requires 20 PTO HP & 2000 lbs. $2,800
There are weight and PTO requirements there for a reason, SAFETY. Can you operate a CCM-135 drum mower on less than the recommended HP & weight? The answer is yes but please do not do so. We want our customers to safely use their tractors and our implements. Never take the word of some jockey dealer just trying to sell something. Go to the MFG and get the facts.

G&S 394 Micro 14 HP min. 440 Lbs. CCM Price $2,800

Last edited:
   / Sickle bar mower or drum mowers for SCUT #10  
The Galfre' FR/G 130 requires 40 HP per Galfre'. (see link)
The CCM 135 drum mower requires 20 PTO HP & 2000 lbs. $2,800
There are weight and PTO requirements there for a reason, SAFETY. Can you operate a CCM-135 drum mower on less than the recommended HP & weight? The answer is yes but please do not do so. We want our customers to safely use their tractors and our implements. Never take the word of some jockey dealer just trying to sell something. Go to the MFG and get the facts.

G&S 394 Micro 14 HP min. 440 Lbs. CCM Price $2,800

Here is a link to the Distributor for Galfre that we buy from. Link says 20 HP minimum and shows a video of it in action. Ken Sweet
Galfre Hay Mowers for compact and subcompact tractors