hyd pump

/ hyd pump #1  

mikeandpebble1

Tractor
cub cadet
was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about whether i can use a power steering pump to add a hyd lift for a front blade and small rear attachments i have a cub cadet gt 2550 and was thinking about putting a pulley on the drive shaft and running the p/s pump but was wondering if it was possible.

/ hyd pump #2  
Should be able to make it work. The pressure will be around 1000 to 1500 psi.

Is the engine shaft vertical or horizontal?

/ hyd pump
its vertiacl shaft i'm going to give it a try can't anymore than not work and i have all of the parts i just don't want to buy a bunch of stuff from cadet that i don't even know if you can buy. thanks

/ hyd pump #4  
i've seen the 'lawnmower' crowd and small antique tractor crowd ( power king and bf avery ) use PS pumps for small 3pt lifts.

for limited use l;ift a small 12v electric over hyd 'ready hyd' unit may be the ticket... might be cheaper than the valving and pump and drive setup. just get a couple short throw cyls.. or heck.. 1 should do it.. and build the 3pt linkage with round tubing as a base and more tubing thru it.. so it can rotate with a arm from the hyd cyl.

soundguy

/ hyd pump #5  
I have never seen a vertical shaft engine with an automotive PS pump. Possible/maybe, don't know if it is feasible.

/ hyd pump #6  
sounds like belt and pulley time... my IH cub horizontal pto drives a 44" IH vertical shaft belly mower via pulley.. 4 actually.. :) 1 pto, 1 mower, and 2 idlers

soundguy

/ hyd pump
my mistake i was thinking about my murray tractor that i just mounted snowblower on it has a vertical motor on it . the cub cadet has a horizontal motor on it sorry about that.

/ hyd pump #8  
no issues then..

just fab work..

soundguy

/ hyd pump #9  
A lot of the newer cars power steering pumps have a separate reservoir tank for the pump. Horizontal or vertical drive on pump should not matter if reservoir tank is higher than the pump to keep the suction side of pump flooded.

Del