Loader Bucket position when stored

/ Bucket position when stored #1  

TNTractor1

Silver Member
Tractor
2011 JD2520
On my 2520 (or any other tractor), is there an ideal way to have the bucket rotated/positioned when lowering it to my garage floor when I am putting tucking her in for the night? Does the same apply for when I remove the FEL completely and store it? I don't want to put unnecessary stress on it. Thanks

/ Bucket position when stored #2  
Basically, store it the same way you would store it when removed, bucket on the ground, blade forward, relax the hydraulics.

/ Bucket position when stored
Thanks, but what do you mean when you say "blade forward"?

/ Bucket position when stored #4  
I rotate the bucket down so the cutting edge sits on a block of wood. Reason for this is rust, I have dirt/rock floors and moisture will ruin a bucket especially if it sits flat for a long time. You could probably also lay it flat on a couple of 4by4's and be allright. I wouldn't leave it in direct contact for long periods.

/ Bucket position when stored #5  
I think one of the main things besides setting it on wet ground, is to make sure u take the pressure of the hydrolics. I have had my tractor for almost 11 yrs and have had no issues with the cylinders on the loader, knock on wood. As I stated, I "always" take the pressure off the system when I cut the tractor off.

/ Bucket position when stored #8  
If it's just sitting inside on a concrete floor for a day at a time, then just curl the bucket all the way back and release the hydraulic pressure. Mine sit's covered outside, so I have a wedge I built that cradles the bucket to keep it off the ground, as well as relieve the hydraulic pressure.

/ Bucket position when stored #9  
If inside, the bucket is pretty flat after relieving hydraulic pressure. This is in a garage below the house, so it isn't damp.
If outside (which isn't for more then a day or two), I put it in full dump in case it rains.
I've been doing this for about 10-11 years now with no adverse effects. As far as the cylinder piston rods, a light coating of grease during the winter months (if it doesn't snow, the tractor may set for an extended time).