x530

/ x530 #1  

castiman

Silver Member
Tractor
jd 2520,jd x530
I have been looking in the owners manual but can't find anywhere that tells how much weight the tractor can tow. I have a 1200lb lawn roller that I want to use. Does anyone know if the tractor will handle it safely.

/ x530 #2  
On the flat, but don't expect to go down a hill safely. Even half that weight will push you down the hill, and the result might not be pretty.
Towing and stopping are two different things, IMO.
Sliding (being pushed) downhill will cause one wheel to spin forward, and the other to spin back (rear end differential behavior). That creates a spin that gets one out of control quickly. I've recovered by accelerating down hill but fortunate that it was a short hill and could get to the bottom quickly.

/ x530 #3  
I pull a 600+ pound roller with my X360.
But a 1200 pounder, holy cow, you got it filled with cement?;)

/ x530 #4  
I pull a roller that is 590lb when full with my X500 and I have couple slops and that is all the weight I would want to pull I think 1200lbs would be to much.

/ x530 #5  
I read somewhere that you don't want to pull more than mower weighs.

/ x530 #6  
I have been looking in the owners manual but can't find anywhere that tells how much weight the tractor can tow. I have a 1200lb lawn roller that I want to use. Does anyone know if the tractor will handle it safely.

Why would you pul this roller with the 530 when you have a 2520 to do this?

/ x530
Why would you pul this roller with the 530 when you have a 2520 to do this?

There are areas around my yard that are soft and the 2520 is to heavy for, that's why I bought the x530 for mowing. I never thought about the roller,so I was hoping the x530 can pull it without hurting the tractor. I use to have a older jd 216 that handled the roller without any problems, kick myself now for selling it.

/ x530 #8  
castiman,
I would expect the roller to have a higher groundpressure than the tractor wheels have. Reason being the roller does not flatten out much so the weight is concentrated on a small area.

Considering the roller will be following the tractor tires it shouldn't be a problem. I agree with using a mower 95% of the time and keeping the tractors off the lawn.