Kubota F-series mower

/ Kubota F-series mower #1  

Jay4200

Veteran Member
Tractor
L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211
Anyone have a F-series mower? I'm thinking about a low-hour F2000 w/ deck and snowblower. It would surely handle all of my mowing chores, and also provide a winter backup for my L4200 w/ 6' 3pt blower. Seller wants 5 grand, I'm thinking more like 4, but either way its still a lot of dough for an almost 25 y/o machine. Any opinions? My other option is a conventional lawn tractor for 1/4 the dough.

JayC

/ Kubota F-series mower #2  
I have used a F-2100 series with a cab and have trying to buy one for myself this past year because it was so good! I have been outbid a few times as well as missed a couple by just not reponding soon enough.

My goal is a cab, blower and a 72" deck and not more then 4,000 hours.

/ Kubota F-series mower #3  
I know the current F is listed at around $20,000 with deck and no blower. I have an F2680 60" mowing deck that I've owned for a bit over 3 years which I use to mow level/flat rental property. I bought another F last year for my home 5 acres+ hillside property a F3080 4wd 72" deck. The F is the ultimate mowing machine which is what I wanted and now have. I also have a couple of tractors for tractor work.
Your decision between a lawn tractor (riding mower?) and a F mowing machine is like trying to decide between a F350 diesel pickup and a Miata. Two totally different machines other than they have 4 wheels, an engine and will carry a body.
What's a used one worth? I don't have the foggiest idea. I guess the market place determines that and Art being a dealer that wants one for himself will know more about that than about anyone else.
Since you have a tractor for snow work, then sell the snow blower off the F and that may get you closer to that number you made up. Where did you get your number of 4? Was it based on his 5 and you just have to pay less than he asked? Or is that just all you have? Just curious how you determined its value.

/ Kubota F-series mower
   / Kubota F-series mower #6  
you seem to be finding several of these and I rarely see any for sale.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-lawn-garden/202320-f2400.html

I'll change that quote slightly, I never see any for sale.

I went to my dealer last year looking for a price and availability on an F-series mower for use at the farm and at the house. The price was about what I expected but on checking availability, he told me that there were only 2 in the whole of Texas and neither was what I wanted. Ended up getting a ZD ZTR mower, a lot less dollars and still a heck of a mowing machine but if I could find a good, used F-series at a reasonable price for the house, I would still probably jump on it.

/ Kubota F-series mower #7  
I've got an old F-2000 that I bought used from a commercial cutter, prolly close to 28 years ago, PHEW that makes me feel old!
That is one tough bird!!! I still only have under 4000 hrs on it. It is actually is used by the other tough old bird, my wife. Once she drove it into the pond, the deep end. It was easter weekend and she just got a little to close (havent we all ). It was down about 6' (I could stand tippy toe on the rear hood and just have my chin out of the cold cold water!! Drug it out with the excavator and changed the oil, stilluse it!! It'll go (up, down, sideways) on just about hill that is grass covered. GO GET IT! (but I like my ZD28)

/ Kubota F-series mower #8  
Not the same machine. I found a third too, but it has no attachments, a bad motor, and no wheels. Really :). I think it's just the season - lots of mowers on the market since the sun came out and the snow finally melted.

JayC
I don't think I'd count the third one as finding one.:laughing:

/ Kubota F-series mower #9  
Hi, folks, I'm new on TractorByNet and I'm looking at:
Kubota F2400 , 24hp diesel, rear engine, 4WD hydro, turf tires, 1989, 500 hours in 23 years.
72 inch mower front-mount, dealer says in very good condition ready to use. $5,000 from dealer.
Photo attached.
Wondering if this would be appropriate for bush-hogging 15 acres of very steep fields. Compared to regular sub-compact tractor such as B2300 or BX2300.
Is it more tippy on steep rough ground than regular Sub-compact tractors? (Also Will it cut clean enough for lawn areas?)
I find no info on TractorData, Compact Tractor Review, Tractor By Net & today I posted this to MyTractorForum.
First-time tractor user. Mechanically I'm ok with general maintenance, simple stuff, not good at engine diagnosis.
Thanks!
Bud, Kahuna Bud
Kubota F2400 (1989) 24hp Hydro 4wd turf 72in mower grass catch 514hrs $4999 Byrd.jpg
Virginia, east foothills of Appalachian Mountains

/ Kubota F-series mower #10  
I have 2 of these in newer models, one 4wd a for home hillside 5 acres nd 1 2wd for my flat rental property. Theyy are more stable than any B or BX. I drive mine cross hills that I'd never do with a BX.
Bush hogging? Like trees and 5 ft high grass? I've done that some with mine but wouldn't recommend it be bought for just that for 15 acres but I guess it would do it. The 24HP model, I think was considered a bit under powered and they were upped to 26HP for 2wd and my 4wd is 30HP.
Price looks good. I'm asking $16000 for my 4wd under 100 hours 72" deck and $12000 for my 2wd 60" deck with 109 hours and that's a sreal for what they sell for new.