Buying Advice B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #1  

tetrakis

Tractor
kubota b3200hsd
Just bought a Kubota B 3200 HSD this weekend from Erb Henry in Boyertown, PA. Just wanted to thanks the site and the forums for the discussions which I used to forge my thoughts and research going into the "deal."

I thought about a Deere, but I looked closely at the 3032 and the 3038 and was not impressed. Having owned a chintzy L130 lawn tractor, I was less than impressed with the plastic trim and the stamped metal feel of the construction. The mower deck on the lawn tractor came with bearings that didn't even have grease nibs - I had to replace all of them of course. Anyway, not to Deere bash, but these "entry level" utility tractors seemed a bit spartan for what you could get on a similarly priced Kubota. Deere seems to be able to charge a premium for the brand, although I'm not sure at this level of tractor that the branding applies, especially since most of the parts are made everywhere else in the world. I get the feeling the differences are less the bigger/more expensive the tractors. It may not be fair to compare a Home Depot John Deere to a compact utility John Deere.

I have 17 acres in PA which is low lying and tends to have a lot of wet spots (there is a creek that crosses the property, too). I am going to be mowing about 5 or 6 acres for horse pasture that used to be corn field about 5 years ago, so there is some heavy multiflora rose coming up. I got a 5' landpride field mower with the tractor - the price seemed pretty good and I did the zero/zero/sixty financing on the tractor and the implements. I also plan to auger A LOT of fence posts and other post holes for innumerable projects, so I got the land pride auger with a 9 inch bit. Again, the price was reasonable and I could finance that as well 0/0/60. I have a lot of FEL work to do with mulching, composting and some big rocks I need to move for a wall. I also have a big pile of excavated shale from by garage that I plan to move for a backfilling project and other uses.

I'll post back once the tractor is delivered and used to see if I made the right choice. The dealer is very good - it was nice to drive the tractors around the yard and get a feel for them. I was shopping the B3300SU before I went over there, but they had an older inventory B3200HSD that I opted for because of the MID PTO, mainly. The price difference was otherwise inconsequential. At the same price, the engine horsepower and PTO horsepower differences, at least at my level of usage, were not significant.

I would mention that there is a "hidden" cost of financing a Kubota - the insurance. They require a financed tractor to have insurance and will provide it at about 200$ per year of financing. Apparently their product is quite extensive and beats out a homeowner insurance coverage of the tractor of issues like theft or use of the tractor off of your property. Anyway, if someone has other thoughts on this topic I would be interested to hear it, although I already chose their insurance.

Both tractors came with R4 tires - I'll report back if they are too harsh on my regular grass around the house, but I don't plan to criss cross my yard too much.

Thanks again to the forum and users for all the information.

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #2  
You'll be happy with the Kubota. It's a well made machine. I've got a small BX and love it. I'm thinking of buying a Grand L5040 or higher and selling my Bobcat. Congratulations and good luck.

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #3  
Congrats with your B3200, I owned one ,(B3200TLB) and it was a great tractor, best of luck and I know you will glad of your choice.I ran a Woods 72" RFM to cut about 2 acres of grass, worked effortless.
DevilDog

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #4  
Just bought a Kubota B 3200 HSD this weekend from Erb Henry in Boyertown, PA.

Hey, did they move? They used to be in New Berlinville!:laughing: (for you furriners, Boyertown is the one with the traffic light:D) Every time I told folks that I was going to Erb & Henry for some parts, they thought I said Urban Henry, and they wondered why some city dude sold farm equipment.

God luck with your new orange machine- you'll never lose it in the pasture.:thumbsup:

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8
Sorry ... New Berlinville! haha - didn't think the furriners would know any better. Thanks for the encouragement - the "honeydew" list is already getting longer and longer despite the initial protestations at the purchase!

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #6  
Congratulations! Erb & Henry is our 2nd closest dealer. :thumbsup:

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #7  
Hey, did they move? They used to be in New Berlinville!:laughing: (for you furriners, Boyertown is the one with the traffic light:D) Every time I told folks that I was going to Erb & Henry for some parts, they thought I said Urban Henry, and they wondered why some city dude sold farm equipment.

God luck with your new orange machine- you'll never lose it in the pasture.:thumbsup:

Boyertown has a traffic light??? :confused:

/ B3200HSD Kubota vs. B3300SU vs. Deere 3032/8 #8  
You should not have to much trouble from the tires, as they are smaller on the B3200 than the B3300. As long as you wait a little bit, after the rains, it should not cut up the yard at all. Congrualtions on the New tractor also.