MF 1250 Modifications

/ MF 1250 Modifications #1  

JerryG

Tractor
MF 1440-4 PowerShuttle
I have made a few things to make life easier on my tractor or to make-work easier.
Here is a photo of a wheel weight bracket. The holes that the bolts are in have been cut so that carriage bolt heads will fit and the bolt will not turn during tightening. I put 4-50lb. weights on each bracket. With 400 lbs of weight, The way the tractor pulls and go on slopes has changed very much for the better.
JerryG

/ MF 1250 Modifications
I have never tried to put pictures together and change them to jpeg at the same time. I don’t know how this will turn out./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
But anyway, here is the weight bracket, bracket on the wheel and then with weights on it.
JerryG

/ MF 1250 Modifications #3  
Nice looking mod. I have some old Ford rear wheel weights I plan to mount somehow on my Kubota. Need to fabricate as you did as bolt pattern doesn't match. Can't wait to post a pic of that and see what the die-hard Kubota posters say about it. Hope you are going to re-balance those rears now for High speed operation!!!???

/ MF 1250 Modifications
Harv had said that he need a boom sprayer. I thought that I wanted a boom sprayer, but a boom sprayer couldn’t do every thing I needed to do. I have attached a picture of what I wound up doing. It has a 15' hose with a triggered wand. The best part is that it has a 12v on-demand pump that I plug into the cigarette lighter.
JerryG

/ MF 1250 Modifications #5  
JerryG -

I saw your sprayer rig -- very good!

How big a tank is that? My current Solo backpack sprayer is 4 gallons and I'm looking to put a 50-gallon unit with maybe a 10-foot boom on the tractor so's I can cover about 5 acres in a reasonably short period of time.

Some of the units I'm looking at in catalogs allow the driver to switch the spray direction from center to left or right without leaving the seat -- good for fencelines and along buildings. An additional hand-held wand is optional. We're probably talking
expensive.gif
here, but at this point I'm just shopping.

BTW - your tractor has a cigarette lighter!!??

HarvSig.gif

/ MF 1250 Modifications #6  
Harv, Tractor Supply Co. has an assortment of spray rigs similar to Jerry's, with or without booms, and with various sized tanks. A few years ago, when my brother bought his Kawasaki Mule, he also bought a spray rig from the dealer (with Kawasaki's name on it for too high a price) that is a 50 gallon tank, pneumatic tires, 1 7/8" ball hitch, 12 volt pump, 8' boom, pressure gauge, and about 30' hose and hand held wand (you just turn one valve to change from boom to wand or back). Pressure is regulated by a valve that when opened allows material to flow back into the tank. The pump is nothing more than an RV water pump. It's a neat rig, except for one thing; maximum pressure is about 60 psi so it won't spray very high on big trees (about 15' maybe).

And you don't have a cigarette lighter on your tractor?/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif When I made the deal to buy mine, I told the dealer he had to include a cigarette lighter./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird

/ MF 1250 Modifications
Harv,
My tank is only 15 gallon. I use it to spray concentrates for pests and to kill weeds around buildings.
Something else that you might look in to is, the USDA Soil Conservation Service has sprayers like you spoke about. I believe that they are $4-$15/day (or real close to that-READ CHEAP anyway). I know that, that is real cheap but they just charge that for the up keep, not to make money on them. Check them out and you may not have to buy that sprayer after all.
JerryG

/ MF 1250 Modifications
Cigarette lighter, well its really a waterproof aux. plug. I should take a picture of it and my EIGHT aux. switches and post.
JerryG