Ratchet Rake

/ Ratchet Rake #2  
I don't have one but I have one side of the property that ivy is encrouching on and it looked like on their web site that it might be something I could use! May be someone has one and will respond with their thoughts! ;)

/ Ratchet Rake #3  
Do a search on it. There's a few lengthy threads on that implement, mostly with positive feedback.

/ Ratchet Rake #4  
Bought a Ratchet-Rake late last year, didn't get to use it much, was impressed with the quality of the product. This year used it to move loose brush in the woods behind my house, worked great. Today, after several downpours that washed my driveway out, I raked 2/10 mile of driveway gravel and a job that ordinarily would take hours with just the bucket edge, was completed in one hour. This a a great tool, go for it.

/ Ratchet Rake #5  
Bought one last week, used it to fill holes in my gravel drive, and take out a bunch of sumac on the slope behind the house. Works much nicer than the blade alone. A very handy, well built tool.

Moondog

/ Ratchet Rake #6  
Got one yesterday. Leveled area for kids pool this morning. Very well made.

Attachments

• image-2588170318.jpg
    image-2588170318.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,126
   / Ratchet Rake #7  
Had mine a week now, did a real nice job tearing down 4' tall brush. Definitely recommend.

One side note: I personally would rather bolt this on my bucket. The straps came loose every so often. From what I've read, they use to have a bolt on option but that doesn't seem to be offered anymore. I purchased some grade 8, 5/8" hardware but haven't figured a way to go about it yet. Anyone else here bolt one on?

/ Ratchet Rake #8  
Had mine a week now, did a real nice job tearing down 4' tall brush. Definitely recommend.

One side note: I personally would rather bolt this on my bucket. The straps came loose every so often. From what I've read, they use to have a bolt on option but that doesn't seem to be offered anymore. I purchased some grade 8, 5/8" hardware but haven't figured a way to go about it yet. Anyone else here bolt one on?

Thinking about getting one of these but I am concerned about those straps
getting loose. I have you tried a conventional chain and rachet binder ?

I know I have a quick spade and attachable pallet forks that I attach using 3/8 inch chain and small rachet binders. I can tighted them up well and they stay. The pallet forks are usually not under much strain to move .

But the quick spade is under strain to move.I have used it to dig a couple of nice trenches and break up some rock solid ground and it never moved.

/ Ratchet Rake #9  
I like the thought from of using chain and load binders. A lot less yield in chain. With straps you are wondering if they slipped, or stretched. My two cents.

/ Ratchet Rake #10  
Don't worry re: straps, they stay put, no stretching. steel cable is on bottom of bucket, straps are not in contact with ground, no need for chains and tighteners. I got my rake last year and have really been using it, leveling .2 mile lane, tearing out scrub brush and poison ivy, tears out small trees, takes very little practice to develop skill. Go for it, it's a great tool.