english made ford 3000

/ english made ford 3000 #1  

dcampbell

Tractor
ford 3000, ford 5000
Help! Hole in fuel tank, cannot find a replacement with a long enough fill neck. All of the tanks I have been able to find are for american built 3000's. Even my local dealer is unable to help. Anyone?

/ english made ford 3000 #2  
I feel your pain. I had one of those versions too! Parts are a pain to find for it. How bad is the hole? Is it rusted or punctured?

/ english made ford 3000
The hole is on the bottom of the tank, left of center and a little larger than the diameter of a pencil. I have also noticed that the metal is rather thin everywhere on the bottom of the tank. Some small pockets of rust, too.

/ english made ford 3000 #4  
are u sure since the english built fords and the american built fords only had different wiring harness, lights and fenders everything else is the same

/ english made ford 3000 #5  
and are u sure u dont have a 3400 because there fuel neck is about 1.25 in longer because all 3000 use the same tank

/ english made ford 3000 #6  
are u sure since the english built fords and the american built fords only had different wiring harness, lights and fenders everything else is the same

Mine had a generator that was different and took for ever to find an old dipstick they were different lengths and on the opposite side of the American. But filters, fenders, axle parts and such were the same. Everytime something failed, it was a shot in the dark as to weather the part was the same or not.

/ english made ford 3000 #7  
Mine had a generator that was different and took for ever to find an old dipstick they were different lengths and on the opposite side of the American. But filters, fenders, axle parts and such were the same. Everytime something failed, it was a shot in the dark as to weather the part was the same or not.

thats what i said the electrical system is different but all the ones i have ever owned had the dipstick on the same side

/ english made ford 3000 #8  
thats what i said the electrical system is different but all the ones i have ever owned had the dipstick on the same side

Hmmm:confused2:? Just relaying my experiences.

/ english made ford 3000 #9  
post a pic of the machine front and side

post the number on the trans bellhousings.. there will be 2-3 rows of stamped numbers.

something don't add up here.

the 3 cyl family of similar engines should have the dipstick all on the same side..

soundguy

/ english made ford 3000 #10  
I don't have mine anymore. Sold it when we bought the GC.