Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #1  

nvr-enuf

Silver Member
Hello everyone - a friend has a long drive way and in need of a 4wd tractor wtih a blower. Another friend is selling his Ford 1700 4wd with a front mount blower, I think it may be a Ford 715 blower. Question -does anyone have experience with a 1700 ford tractor with a front mount blower? Does it do a good job? I have hear some say it does not blow the snow very far - this is a concern for me. The tractor data site says that the PTO HP should be about 23 hp. I have a B21 with only 13 HP at the PTO and I found it to blow snow fine as long as you are going slow. Any pictures or advice on this tractor would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #2  
Hello everyone - a friend has a long drive way and in need of a 4wd tractor wtih a blower. Another friend is selling his Ford 1700 4wd with a front mount blower, I think it may be a Ford 715 blower. Question -does anyone have experience with a 1700 ford tractor with a front mount blower? Does it do a good job? I have hear some say it does not blow the snow very far - this is a concern for me. The tractor data site says that the PTO HP should be about 23 hp. I have a B21 with only 13 HP at the PTO and I found it to blow snow fine as long as you are going slow. Any pictures or advice on this tractor would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

I have a 1700 2wd, they are capable little machines, but I have never seen or even heard of one with a snow blower on the front.

JB.

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #3  
Hi all. I have a Ford 1720 (with 4wd) which is the newer version of the Ford 1700 and I have a Ford 715 snowblower that I use on mine. My blower is a 3 point rear mount setup however I have seen a front mount on a 1700 and it is a great combination. Ford 1700s list the Ford 715 as the correct blower attachment for the 1700 series. I believe they made two versions. One is a 60" and the other is smaller. I have the 60" size and have no complaints in how it moves snow. I live in MN and we had record snowfalls last year. It is very capable of working both large and small drifts and throwing snow a respectable distance. I think the key is to run the RPMs at the recommended PTO speed. It even worked well on some packed drifts that I moved after the fact halfway through winter. I personally would like the front mount setup but its a tradeoff too as I have a FEL and like having that capability as well with the blower. Good luck with the purchase!

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #4  
Here is a photo of a Ford 1700 with a front mount Ford 715 blower. It is a nice setup with the cab. Also, attached are two photos of the a Ford 715 blower that is a 3 point rear mount type. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• Ford 1700.jpg
    Ford 1700.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 3,612
  • 715 blower working 3.jpg
    715 blower working 3.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,120
  • 715 blower working 4.jpg
    715 blower working 4.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,205
   / Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #5  
Here is a photo of a Ford 1700 with a front mount Ford 715 blower. It is a nice setup with the cab. Also, attached are two photos of the a Ford 715 blower that is a 3 point rear mount type. Hope that helps.

I needed to see a pic of one of these blowers working. I can't believe someone would have a driveway of great blowable snow like that and take a picture of the tractor sitting there not throwing snow ??????????????? Really? LOL

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #6  
Scott;
No matter how inviting or good the price may seem I would check with the dealer to see if the main components... ie engine, transmission, rear axle parts are still available. Keep in mind as the salvage yards hear the parts are discontinued their price list sky rockets. The 1700 series is quite old and no one stocks or may not be able to order parts for discontinued models.
Also ask the local dealer if they would take it on trade or buy it. This will give you a rough estimate of current value. Don't ask how I know about boat anchors. Have your friend do some research before handing out the green.

/ Ford 1700 with front mount blower 715 - how well does it work #7  
The thread is 1 and 1/2 years old.