Weed/grass killer

/ Weed/grass killer #1  

Mossy

What is the best stuff to spray fence rows with to kill the growth? I have 10 acres under fence and need to get it under control. Thanks for the help.

/ Weed/grass killer #2  
I'd prob just use reg old round up if it was me. A bunch of people like to get somebody, with a skid steer and a reg bushhog for the front, to mow the fence line and then control it with spray. Good luck.

/ Weed/grass killer #3  
You want Glyphosate, which is the active chemical in Roundup. Buy the generic 41% concentrate from a tractor supply co or your landscape place or agrisupply. It will range from $35-50 for 2.5 gallons. DO NOT buy it from walmart you will end up spending way more than that. You need to mix it about 3oz to the gallon of water to kill bermuda wellenough to not come right back. Cut it short first it will take less chemical to cover it. Id buy a $89 15gallon sprayer from TSC on sale and use the wand to sit on the tailgate of a truck as you ride slowly and spray it. You will fill up many times but unless you want to spend 4-5x that on a bigger sprayer tank that is the cheapest way.

/ Weed/grass killer #4  
There is another non selective herbicide that I've used that kills all vegetation and inhibits growth for one year. I think its called Primatol. You may need a license to purchase it. Be sure to read and follow all instructions if you are able to purchase.:thumbsup:

Jim

/ Weed/grass killer #5  
There is another non selective herbicide that I've used that kills all vegetation and inhibits growth for one year. I think its called Primatol. You may need a license to purchase it.
Pramitol 25E ..... available at Tractor Supply ..... no license required.

Be sure to read and follow all instructions if you are able to purchase.
Absolutely ..... you have to be careful how, and where, you apply it - as it will travel by leaching through the ground and can be taken up via root systems - so it's possible to kill desirable trees, shrubs, etc. if you aren't careful.

/ Weed/grass killer #6  
If you have erosive soils like we have in my part of the world you will end up with washouts from one end to the other. Id think long and hard before Id do that.

/ Weed/grass killer #7  
If you have erosive soils like we have in my part of the world you will end up with washouts from one end to the other. Id think long and hard before Id do that.

How do you control fence line weed growth in your part of the world?

/ Weed/grass killer #8  
Pramitol 25E ..... available at Tractor Supply ..... no license required.

Absolutely ..... you have to be careful how, and where, you apply it - as it will travel by leaching through the ground and can be taken up via root systems - so it's possible to kill desirable trees, shrubs, etc. if you aren't careful.

+2

BE careful. It is actuall considered a ground sterilant. WAY more potent than round-up. I have heard stories of overstpray being washed away and killing MATURE LARGE trees over 100 feet away. And about everything in-between as well.

/ Weed/grass killer #9  
I spray 100 gal per year of Glyphosate purchased at Tractor Supply...
They typically run it on sale twice a year for $39.95 for a 2-1/2 gal. jug...
I mix 2-1/2 oz. per gallon for the mix ration and have excellent results...
I have approximately 4 acres to keep mowed and trimmed and use the Glyphosate to weed around the barns and buildings...
It is very effective but you must re-spray every 4 to 6 weeks...
I've not used the soil sterilizers like Primatol...

/ Weed/grass killer #10  
I use some stuff called killz-all ($50 for 2.5gal)from local feed store,and add little diesel. 25gal.sprayer I use 3oz.killz-all and 3oz.diesel.If you dont wonna kill the grass 2-4d or they have some stuff called pasture pro at tsc.
Remedy does good too,but its alittle higher and wont hurt grass!