Satoh 650g Carb problem

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #1  

jkhinch

Hi, I've been wrestling at getting my 650G to consistently run. Last fall someone rebuilt the carb and got it so it would run, only with the choke fully engaged, but run none-the-less. Thing is it would randomly start act like it was starving, backfire, and stall. Sometimes it'd start back up and run for a while, other times I'd have to leave and come back to it.

So, this spring I have someone else looking at it who's typically pretty good with this kind of thing. After quite a bit of tweaking, here's what he says: "It will idle okay but it will not rev up much past 1200. If you try to go past that then it will die out unless you put the throttle back to an idle. It acts like it is running out of gas but the bowl still has fuel in it. The air idle screw does not affect it much unless it is less than 2 turns from being fully seated. "

Any thoughts?

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #2  
Does it have enough flow?

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #3  
After running it a little while I took the top of the carb off and the fuel was at the proper level. The fuel pump seems to have plenty of flow when cranking it over with the fuel line not connected. The only weird part is that the fuel in the online filter goes down while it is running.

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #4  
this sounds like a blocked high speed jet.

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #5  
High speed jet was my thought also but all the jets are clean. I took them out 2 times and blew them out and it acted the same both times. As long as the person before me did it right because I put it back the same as I found it.

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #6  
Any other ideas?

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #7  
is it possible that they put the wrong jet in for the hi speed.you may have to get a rebuild kit and compare the parts or get another carb or modify the hi speed jet to supply more gas.

/ Satoh 650g Carb problem #8  
I'm not sure if you found your problem but I had the same problem what I found was the fuel pick up tube in the tank had restrictions in it .I used the lower sight tube for a pick up tube and its a totaly different tractor .Hope this helps .