X595 maintenance light woes

/ X595 maintenance light woes #1  

Acehardly

Bronze Member
Tractor
L & G 345, X595, 2305, 955 W/FEL
Ok, So my X595 maintenance light doesn't seem to want to go off.
From what I understand is that they changed the way that this is reset just before my serial number. -30000 they had a reset button on the right side behind the screen. 30000- they made it automatically reset after you changed the oil. The PO changed the oil at 100 hours supposedly and the dealer told him the light will go out automatically. I bought it at 103 hours or so and I put another 4 hours on it, light is still on. So I decided that maybe the PO was mistaken about changing the oil, so I went ahead and changed it too. another 4 hours and the light is still on.

Please let me know if you know what I may be doing wrong or if the sensor may be bad.
I would also like to make that light a manual reset instead of automatic.

Thanks in advance!!!
Tony

/ X595 maintenance light woes #2  
Tony , what Year is your JD X595 ???

My JD X595 is a 2005 and I don't have a Maintenance Light , I know the Brochure I looked at back then , mentioned the Maintenance Light , but mine did'nt have it and I forgot all about it until your Post ...

Later,x595

/ X595 maintenance light woes
I think it is a 2004. Serial 30083. Yours should have a parking light right?
That is what I am supposed to have, but it has a light that has an open manual with a wrench in the middle of it.

/ X595 maintenance light woes #4  
I think it is a 2004. Serial 30083. Yours should have a parking light right?
That is what I am supposed to have, but it has a light that has an open manual with a wrench in the middle of it.

Yes , I do have a Parking Brake Indicator Light , but you're saying you don't ???

Ya , I don't have the (open manual with a wrench in the middle) Indicator Light , but like I said , I remember it mentioned in the Brochure I read back at that time ...

So now I'm curious as to why they discontinued the Maintenance Light after your Year Model ??? :confused:

Later,x595

/ X595 maintenance light woes #5  
This is from memory and you know what they say about old people and memory. Some of the JD Diesels had a "Maintenance Reminder Light" that would activate when the Air Filter became clogged. They had a small clear plastic bowl on the air filter that would change to red when air flow was obstructed. They had an electrical connection and on the side of the plug was a "Yellow Button" you pushed to reset the light. You may want to check your air filter and see if it is clean and check to see if you have a electrical plug on the air filter.

You know, I think there is a plug that goes to the filter. I will check that tomorrow and let you know...
Thanks!!!!
Tony

@X595, I do not have a parking light. Supposedly, the parking light is in the same place as the maintenance light. I do not know why the did away with it. I don't know if they did. Does yours have any indicator that appears every 50 hours?

/ X595 maintenance light woes #7  
@X595, I do not have a parking light. Supposedly, the parking light is in the same place as the maintenance light. I do not know why the did away with it. I don't know if they did. Does yours have any indicator that appears every 50 hours?

No 50 hr. Indicator Light on mine , I do have the Air Restriction Indicator Gauge and Air Restriction Indicator Light that Gator6x4 Speaks of ...

I went on JD's Site to look at the X7xx Series Owners Manual to see what they had for Indicator Lights and it looks like Deere got rid of the Online Owners Manual Section ... :mad:

Later,x595

So, I checked the air filter indicator like Gator suggested. It is in the green and it has a yellow button that you push to reset it. It does have two wires going to it. I went ahead and reset it and it did not move because it was already almost to the bottom because the filter looks pretty new.
I don't know, maybe I have to wait a bit more or maybe that sensor is bad...
I'll let you know what I find.
Thanks...
Tony

So, I got my manual out and the manual says I am supposed to have a parking light and no maintenance light. I'm getting worried that the PO changed the instrument panel. I guess I will call the dealer that he may have used and see what kinda hours they have listed for the maintenance that he had done to it.:mad:

Dealer says I just have to wait for it to reset itself. They raised their eyebrow when I told them I have about 14 hours on it now with the light still on. No one seems to know why my tractor is the way that it is...