Tires Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire?

/ Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire? #1  

whitmerlegacyfarm

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kioti DK50SE HST w/ 401 Loader
Hey Guys,
I've had my Dk50 hst for about 3 months now and i need to get these rear tires loaded before i roll the dang thing lol. I need to get down into one of my lower pastures to brush hog that is fairyl steep incline.

I believe i'm goin the route of fillin them w/ windshield washer fluid. But i don't know how many gallons to buy and where i can get it the cheapest. I'm thinking Wal-Mart inless you guys think i can get it wholesale somewhere for bulk price. The one local farmer i know has the tools to fill the tires so i just need to get the liquid.

So far been very impressed w/ my DK50. I just don't have an ounce of flat land on our 39 acres so it's a must to fill these tires.

Thanks guys

/ Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire? #2  
Well a couple of things, check carefully the washer fluid you buy at wal-mart this time of year. a lot of it freezes at 32 degrees, just like water. There are 2 or 3 different mixes. and is seasonal. there are many tire charts on the web. Firestone for one, google something like liquid in tires or tractor tire fill chart or something like that.

Here is one:

Rim Guard Hydro-Flation Tables for Agricultural Tires | Drive Wheel Tires | Terra Tires | Light Construction Tires

Another thing you can do is buy methanol in bulk and mix with water.

I used RV anti freeze. non toxic. you can drink it. a little more expensive tho.

Hope this helps.

James K0UA

/ Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire?
Ok so i found that my grandfather had, what i believe to be as a valve or attachment whatever you might call it, that screw into valve stem, w/ a garden hose attatchment on other end. Is this ment to be what you can use to fill your tires yourself?? I'm just curious i would like to try it if it's a fairly easy process. It also appears to have a little bleeder valve in the middle guess to allow air out?

Anyone that can tell me how to use this thing/set up properly to drain antifreeze or washer fluid in?

Thanks

/ Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire? #4  
Yes that it, If you just want water, you set to go with just the valve and a hose, just run 2 or 3 gallons in and then "burp" the air pressure out as it will rise as you add fluid because of the reduced volume inside the tire. If you want WW fluid or something else, then rig up a simple pump. I used one of the "drill" pumps from Home Depot. paid $6 for it. hook it up with a short piece of garden hose over to a bucket for putting your fluid into, and then a hose going over to the fill valve attached to your valve stem. Here is how to get started. jack up and jack stand one rear tire. to just barely off the ground. dont jack it up more than that. Then remove the valve stem, (simply unscrews with a little tool you can get at wal-mart or auto parts store). Let the air mostly out, leave a little air pressure, to keep the bead seated on the rim. Attach the fill valve with hose, and I added inline a shutoff valve too. attach the drill pump and put the short hose into your 5 gallon bucket, and fill it with fluid. Open the shutoff valve if you used one, and start pumping in about 2 or 3 gallons. stop and let a little air out with the burp button. repeat until you have the calculated amount in the tire.. Keep count of how much you pump in. When done put the valve stem back in and air back up to the recommended pressure, I used the same as it was when it was just air. I burped at every 2 gallons. You will notice the drill pump slowing down about then as it is pumping into a "head" of pressure, and it wont pump into much pressure. The reason for not jacking up the tractor, but barely off the ground is so that the weight of the fluid in the tire wont accident break the bead by deforming the tire on the wheel.

Good luck with it..it is almost fun to do..

James K0UA

/ Filling Tires w/ Washer Fluid... Gallons per Tire? #5  
If you google filling your tires , there are lots of vidio's on UTub for this. and much more reguarding tractors.
good luck
the6shooter