Hinomoto E324 slow?

/ Hinomoto E324 slow? #1  

iloveketchup

Tractor
Hinomoto E324
i replaced the clutch on my hinomoto e324 (see recent posts in grey market).

Thing is... this tractor is effin slow in "high" gear. Is this normal (i could walk faster) or is something out of adjustment or is it just missing high gears or ???

I bet 1st gear could pull anything...

/ Hinomoto E324 slow? #2  
Hard To tell if you are being sarcastic or if it's really "that" slow. High gear/high range I would expect to give you anywhere from 11-15 MPH. The only compact I've ever owned that ran faster than that was a Jinma 284. Its high/high is basically a road gear rated at 15 MPH but mine was closer to 18-19 mph and that actually felt almost dangerously fast at times if you were anywhere but on a road or flat, level ground. If you are being serious, there is something wrong...like it is stuck in low range? I suspect the real problem is the tractor has a "creeper" range and that is engaged. Is there a separate lever of any type anywhere on the trans housing?

My 3x3 trans would probably give you "walking slow" in high gear/low range. 1st gear/low range is like watching paint dry but like you said, it will pull anything at half throttle. 3rd gear/high range is 12-13 mph.

/ Hinomoto E324 slow?
Hard To tell if you are being sarcastic or if it's really "that" slow. High gear/high range I would expect to give you anywhere from 11-15 MPH. The only compact I've ever owned that ran faster than that was a Jinma 284. Its high/high is basically a road gear rated at 15 MPH but mine was closer to 18-19 mph and that actually felt almost dangerously fast at times if you were anywhere but on a road or flat, level ground. If you are being serious, there is something wrong...like it is stuck in low range? I suspect the real problem is the tractor has a "creeper" range and that is engaged. Is there a separate lever of any type anywhere on the trans housing?

My 3x3 trans would probably give you "walking slow" in high gear/low range. 1st gear/low range is like watching paint dry but like you said, it will pull anything at half throttle. 3rd gear/high range is 12-13 mph.

I had a Kubota L2850D before this and it would book... like it needs to give heavy gas to get into 4th gear from a stop. This tractor is really slow... like i could probably power walk fast as it.

It has a L, M, and H shift and 4 gears. I can't see why one would need so many low gears? i don't think it's stuck in any L, M, H as i can shift that and change speed.

/ Hinomoto E324 slow? #4  
I agree, you would likely know if something was amiss with the ranges. The way you describe your Kubota was how the Jinma was. It had to have the clutch slipped and wind out to hit top end when starting from a stop in H/H.

I looked at the original Youtube video you posted when doing the clutch and see there are two levers, one on each side of the trans. In the video, it kind of appears like you're pointing to the long lever on the left when you say it's in medium range ( could be wrong). My point is, there's 1 long lever on left, 1 short lever on right. I am of course curious if that short right side lever is a creeper range shift? I know....too obvious but I gotta ask. If I've got it wrong about which is the range shifter,what is the other?

Maybe it really is geared for 5-6 MPH but I've never seen or heard of a tractor geared that low or even close. Heck, that's encroaching on excavator and bull dozer speeds. These tractors were primarily made for rice paddy work but that said, I still can't believe it's designed to have 12 forward gear ratios THAT low. Just doesn't make sense. There is something rotten in the state of Denmark........

/ Hinomoto E324 slow?
I agree, you would likely know if something was amiss with the ranges. The way you describe your Kubota was how the Jinma was. It had to have the clutch slipped and wind out to hit top end when starting from a stop in H/H.

I looked at the original Youtube video you posted when doing the clutch and see there are two levers, one on each side of the trans. In the video, it kind of appears like you're pointing to the long lever on the left when you say it's in medium range ( could be wrong). My point is, there's 1 long lever on left, 1 short lever on right. I am of course curious if that short right side lever is a creeper range shift? I know....too obvious but I gotta ask. If I've got it wrong about which is the range shifter,what is the other?

Maybe it really is geared for 5-6 MPH but I've never seen or heard of a tractor geared that low or even close. Heck, that's encroaching on excavator and bull dozer speeds. These tractors were primarily made for rice paddy work but that said, I still can't believe it's designed to have 12 forward gear ratios THAT low. Just doesn't make sense. There is something rotten in the state of Denmark........

turns out you were right about being in creep mode. There are three on the left... high, medium, low, 2 or 4wd, and the creeper gear. i thought it was for the PTO.

Now it's kind of scary fast.... this tractor doesn't have ROPS.... that and i think i bent the foot throttle whereas it sticks! :/

/ Hinomoto E324 slow? #6  
Glad you got it figured out.

You know, we've kinda touched on this ROPS subject before. First thing I'd do is get the rear tires to their widest stance. That will make a noticeable difference in stability. There are aftermarket ROPS available for your tractor...not exactly cheap but they're available. I also always see ROPS for sale on Ebay. You might do some consistent watching and see if you can find some that might easily be adapted to your tractor. It's a touchy subject here on TBN but you can make your own. Your tractor may even already have the mounts even though it is a grey market, my Mitsubishi did. As far as making your own, there is plenty of info here on TBN and on the net concerning it...get informed and make your own decision.

Last edited:
   / Hinomoto E324 slow? #7  
i replaced the clutch on my hinomoto e324 (see recent posts in grey market).

Thing is... this tractor is effin slow in "high" gear. Is this normal (i could walk faster) or is something out of adjustment or is it just missing high gears or ???

I bet 1st gear could pull anything...

hey where did you get your clutch? I have a MF 1042 which I believe is a hinomoto E324D ,..pretty sure its the same tractor you have,..same motor,..same data plate except the lower plate that says E324 is gone,.upper plate with #304 is the same. I've seen photo's and watch your videos of your tractor,..basically the same with exception, I think mine is older

/ Hinomoto E324 slow? #8  
mine has 3 speed transfer,,4 speed transmission,..2 speed differential so 24 speeds forward,..6 speeds reverse