need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
On the way home, I saw an Allis chalmers on the roadside, but didn't see a model number.

It is deisel, and a regular front end ( not a trike ).

Sign said it was 40ish hp.

I did find a number on the right side of the motor stamped in

was

152 F U 38659

Any ideas?

thanks guys!

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #2  
If it was a diesel, I think it would have to be either an AC 160, which had a 40 hp Perkins diesel, or an AC 5040, which had a 40 hp Uzina diesel.

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 152 F U 38659 )</font>

This number appears to be a serial # for a Perkins 3 cylinder diesel...

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #4  
I'd tend to go with JM3 on this one. The 160 is a badge-engineered Renault that had a Perkins 3-152 of 40.3 pto hp in it. The UTB built 5040 had a Uzima 143 in it of 40 pto hp.

Hey Soundguy,
Are you looking at this one instead of the big Ford? Not sure about the parts situation on the Renault built AC. If Agco would have won the Renault sweepstakes instead of Claas,it might not have been too bad for parts

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw
Actually the same guy had this one and just moved it out front, so I thought I would check it out.. but if has dicey parts availability.. I'm not sure.

I need to go smoke that ford over again, and check out the pto issue again. That is the only thing holding me back now, as the wife unit has ok'd the funds for the ford 8000.... I've run it around his property in up to 3rd gear.. I think i would like to at least try all the ranges and the dual power to see if they are functioning. I guess the pto always on issue is less of a concern.... i can alays treat it like my 8n, and transport it with the shat disconnected.. shutdown at site, connect and go...

Not sure i am proficient ( or strong! ) enought to tear into a pto on that big monster....

Soundguy

I've also had my sites on a little john deer 40 on the roadside... I stopped by to look at it, and it needs some work on the genny / regulator, and a fuel bowl gasket. Pus some minor fixemups and body details. One thing though is the front spindles/hub supports have had extensive farmer welding done on them with angleiron stiffeners.... not so perty.

This whole tractor hunting thing started when i finished my 8N project I was working on.. now looking for another victom..er.. fixer upper job! The ford 8000.. only needs a seat.. and . well... some fiberglass work on a fender.... and not much else.. other than the pto issue...

I hate it when there are too many tractors for sale that I want!!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Soundguy

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #7  
Soundguy,

I'm betting the linkage on the 8000 is just stuck somewhere. Find some manuals for it and tear in. Mechanics are pretty simple with pictures. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

As to the for sale problem, I suffer it constantly. My current wants are:
Cat D6C
Cat 12? Grader
JD 600 (think 4020 industrial with heavy loader)
Case 580E
Case 930 wheatland LP
Case 1570 with duals...
Probably some more I'm forgeting... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Someday...

I have a feeling that this is an incurable disease ( tractoritis ) that only gets worse with age... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Soundguy

/ need help identifying an Allsi Chalmers I saw #9  
Did it look like this?

ac_160.jpg

Hey how'd you do that... that is the same as the one I was looking at!

So.. tell me about it.

thanks!

Soundguy