Ford 1520

/ Ford 1520 #1  

mcgyve

Tractor
Ford 1520
Just bought a 1989 Ford 1520 with 7108 loader, looking forward to learning what I can from being a part of this community. (I've already picked up some good info prior to joining) Thanx

/ Ford 1520 #3  
Welcome aboard! Those older Fords were (and still are) great little tractors.

Joe

/ Ford 1520
Thumb grapple, gotta look into that, thanx for your encouraging words, hoping to have some fun with the old girl. Gonna do all the filters and fluids on it soon, oil and fuel right away

/ Ford 1520 #5  
I have owned the bigger brother to your tractor, a 1720, for five years now...
Bought it used with 245 one owner hours...
I now have 550 hours on the tractor...
Mine has been stone cold reliable...
I service it every year and that's about it...
You will be very pleased with your purchase...

/ Ford 1520 #6  
I had a 1520 for 15 years and they are a fantastic machine! Congrats on the new machine, you will love it.

/ Ford 1520 #7  
Congrats on a fine tractor. They are very durable, depenable and fuel efficient.
Read the owner's manual about adding oil to the injector pump when you change the oil.

/ Ford 1520
OK, I didn't catch that, I did get original operators manual with it. I'll look into that. Thank you

/ Ford 1520
Six Dogs
I didn't find any mention of adding oil to the injection pump when doing an oil and filter change. Perhaps you meant when doing the fuel filter? If not maybe you could explain or point me in a direction that references that. Thanks

/ Ford 1520 #10  
Six Dogs
I didn't find any mention of adding oil to the injection pump when doing an oil and filter change. Perhaps you meant when doing the fuel filter? If not maybe you could explain or point me in a direction that references that. Thanks

In the changing the oil section of my 1310, 1910 and 2110 it stated to remove the screw in the top of the injector pump and add a few ounces of engine oil each time you change the oil.
Maybe it's different on the 20 series and if it isn't in the owner's manual I would not be concerned. Mine was in the book where it explained which oil to use and that kind of thing.