tractor protection

/ tractor protection #1  

dirt clod

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3300, m5700, case 580se
Need to build some protection for my m5700 Kubota. Stopping small brush from damaging cables, wires, filters and such when bushing hogging is main goal. I think I'm going to use 1/4" diamond tread steel plate for belly pan as it is stronger than smooth. I'm not sure what size expanded metal to buy for grill and side covers. Any suggestions?

/ tractor protection #2  
My little L3000 has 3/8 steel plate bolted under the radiator to 6 in channel and 1 inch black pipe bent into 180 sweep to outline the radiator and headlights by one inch each side. Sorry but cannot get photos on this site yet...I did this because headlights and grille were broke when i bought it. $500.00 for replacement parts...so don't heasitate to fab one up for it.

/ tractor protection
Cant see you ever bending that on a l3000. I will be doing a full belly pan. The diamond tread is stronger than smooth, when bushing hogging I'm going slow also. Thats why I think 1/4" would be fine. Also that is thicker than the mower on the back9 and the bucket on front. Of course ive under estimated my ability to break stuff in past!
Would 1/2x#13 14gauge expanded metal be strong enough to cover the openings in the factory grill guard?

/ tractor protection
Going to a heavier gauge expanded metal also means the holes are bigger. So I'm wondering where is the happy spot of strong enough yet small enough holes.