Snow The Big Snow

/ The Big Snow #1  

gbirky

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar models: YM1110D, YM1301D
Guys,
Here's a picture from my garage on Monday around 10am after the 2ft snow we had. I had plowed around 8-10" from the driveway once on Sunday around noon. This was the additional 16+" that fell between Sunday noon and Monday noon. You can see a little of my 1301D over on the left in the garage, along with the little blade I used to plow all this snow. Sorry for the poor picture quality - it was a 35mm photo I scanned since I haven't gotten that digital camera yet.

Enjoy! It has been snowing here since around 6:30 this morning. Already about 4" on the ground.

Attachments

• 239489-bigsnow1.jpg
    239489-bigsnow1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 373
   / The Big Snow #2  
All that effort, where can you go after you get the drive cleared??? The minivan doesn't really look 24" snow ready. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ The Big Snow #3  
Greg, we got 1/2 what you got. but more tonight of course. getting really tired of winter, bw

/ The Big Snow #4  
Y'all can send some of that snow out here to Western Washington. We haven't seen a flake all year. We have a decent amount an hour's drive away, but since I bought my tractor I've wanted to PLOW SNOW!!

/ The Big Snow #5  
Lot of flakes here in California...but perhaps I misunderstood? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ The Big Snow
Brett,
We got another 4-6" last night and this morning. It was a 15 minute job clearing the driveway.

On the big snow - we had a big plow come by after about the first 10". After that, the county sent in pickup trucks with plows. They cleared the cul-de-sac completely, pushing the snow back far enough for mailbox access. But since we are not IN the cul-de-sac, they plowed only a narrow (barely two car width) path in the center of the road at our house leaving a snow bank about 4ft tall 10ft out into the road from our mailbox. So I had to push their snow bank about 10ft to the side of the road so the mail lady could get to the box. Once I cleared the driveway, we could get out and around. Nobody went anywhere on Monday, but I was at work on time Tuesday.

/ The Big Snow #7  
I know a guy that bought an F350 with plow and paid for it during the big snow storm. It took him 5 day of work in the truck. He was also offered 30,000, (no kidding) to clear the snow off the top of an apartment complex but he had no way to do it. Plus that would cut into his truck time.
PS, we got 4-6 more here last night as well.
bw

/ The Big Snow #8  
I have Yanmar on the brain. When I saw F350, I thought you were talking about a late model Yanmar tractor. Then it occured to me, truck! Like my F250 and not my FX26D.