Branson 4720 PTO problem

/ Branson 4720 PTO problem #1  

MMG

Tractor
Branson 4720
I have a seven year old 4720 with 700 hours. I just bought a five foot 3pt tiller and am having problems when engaging the ground. At first it was OK but after about 30 minutes the PTO shaft quit rotating when the tiller is lowered to engage the ground. It also makes a "ratcheting sound internally. I even loosened the clutch on the tiller to allow slippage if I hit something and not slip internally but it made no difference.

Any ideas?
:(

/ Branson 4720 PTO problem #2  
Check the other post; your's might be the same thing.

/ Branson 4720 PTO problem
Yes Sir, I found the other string after I posted this one so I highjacked it.

:ashamed:

/ Branson 4720 PTO problem #4  
These might help a little in your planning .......

Attachments

• Branson Differential and PTO Clutch.jpg
    Branson Differential and PTO Clutch.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 1,020
  • Branson PTO Clutch.jpg
    Branson PTO Clutch.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 797
   / Branson 4720 PTO problem #5  
These might help a little in your planning .......

First I must say nice photos and I have to compliment the manufacturer on the case and the contents because that's quality manufacturing and machining there.
What I dont understand is why would hydraulic pressure effect those clutch disc's if they are held in compression by the tension of those springs. To me your photos appear to show a mechanical slip clutch within the shaft of the PTO; so why would hydraulic pump pressure effect those springs? It would seem to me that the amount of torque applied to the shaft via hydro motor dependent on hydro pressure would not effect something mechanical. Someone please help me.

Last edited: