Got temped by HF today

/ Got temped by HF today #1  

crazyal

Tractor
Kubota, Case, Deere
Well they got me, lol. They have a cheap chain sharpener, was somewhere around $40 if I remember correctly. Well today it was $19.99. I have files that cost more than that. I probably threw away $20 bucks but who knows. I'll get a chance to try it out next week.

/ Got temped by HF today #2  
I think as long as your safety glasses,band aids and gloves do not come from HF you'll be allright. :D

Boone

/ Got temped by HF today #3  
This one is in the plyer now for 19.99
Electric Chain Saw Sharpener
But even the 24 dollars isnt a bad price I got it a few years ago and paid close to 100 dollars
but now in northern there is a better one for 100 dollars..lol
Anyways ive had that one for five years.I bought extra wheels but havent changed one out yet..Its not precise but its not bad at all...
good luck..

/ Got temped by HF today #4  
I'm sure these things work well, but I've never understood the advantage. I use the Dremel attachment. It works great and only takes a couple of minutes to sharpen a chain because you don't have to take it off the saw.

/ Got temped by HF today #5  
wish I had a dremel I would have used that and not gottent he other one.. I usually file a few times inbetween the machine..the machine lets you get the angle back .. expecially if your eye sight isnt what it used tobe..I the 99 dollar one from northern.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200327449_200327449

Just sharlened one chain and couldnt believe how sharp it was... this is a better unit than the HF one..

/ Got temped by HF today
Up until now I used a Dremel as well. I use thread cutting spray lube. It's worked just fine and you don't need to pull the chain to use it. I've often looked at the Oregon clamp on sharpener but at about $200 it's kind of pricey when I only sharpen a chain less than a dozen times a year. The problem the the Dremel is I don't pull the bar as often as I should to clean out the oil passageways. So I may have thrown money away and I may not use it very much but it was so cheap. :laughing:

/ Got temped by HF today #7  
wish I had a dremel I would have used that and not gottent he other one.. I usually file a few times inbetween the machine..the machine lets you get the angle back .. expecially if your eye sight isnt what it used tobe..I the 99 dollar one from northern.

Northern Industrial Bench- or Wall-Mount Saw Chain Sharpener | Chain Saw Sharpeners, Maintenance + Repair | Northern Tool + Equipment

Just sharlened one chain and couldnt believe how sharp it was... this is a better unit than the HF one..

I am looking at that same one from Northern. Told my wife that I wouldn't mind it as a Christmas gift. Just hoping the 4 chains I have for the MS261 get me to Christmas. Hit the dirt twice yesterday and now the chain is cutting 1/2 as good as it used to. Then again, I have cut 2 cords of wood with it.

I think I am going to go with 5 or 6 chains per saw and just sharpen a group of them altogether when I get down to the last one or two sharp chains. Kind of like reloading shotgun shells and metallic cartridges. If you are going to sit down at the machine, you might as well make it worthwhile and reload a bunch.

/ Got temped by HF today #8  
Well if the budget allow you wont be disapointed in the northern one.I only wished it was aval back when I got my HF one.I use the northern to sharpen and I also ran some dirt but a slight filing and it brought it back,

/ Got temped by HF today #9  
My neighbor has the HF one and it has worked well for him.. He doesnt cut professionally so it only see intermittent usage..

Brian

/ Got temped by HF today #10  
hey, I just sharpened my first chain on mine. I looks pretty good. Hope it cuts on the saw.:thumbsup:
mf