John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features?

/ John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features? #1  

mcduff

I was all set to buy a Land Pride RB1572 and I stumbled on a used JD 45 rear blade in good condition for about a third the price. However I have no idea as to the quality or features of this model. Does the blade offset? how think is the moldboard?

/ John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features? #2  
What size tractor you plan on using this on ? (the JD 45)
From this picture I have of one,it looks like the blade angles but does not tilt (but not really sure).Also looks to be medium duty at best not that thats a bad thing that is why I asked what tractor you putting this on.Also the design of the "45" looks to me very similiar to Landpride rear blades. :thumbsup:
Also if you don't mind the asking:What do they want for the "45".

Boone

Attachments

• 90671282.jpg
    90671282.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 3,436
   / John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features?
you are correct, it does not tilt. I can live with that..........but I was hoping to figure out if it would offset (to the side) like the land pride will?

I am putting it on a NH TC33. and they want 300 bucks for it.

/ John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features? #4  
Here's another angle of one.From the pic I'd say no.
I believe that blade is a 7' -er.IMHO thats the smallest I'd go with your tractor.
If that blade looks to be in real good shape if it were me I would buy it.
Offer less($250) :D pretend like your walking away see their reaction,if not buy it !
Wish ya well,play safe ! :thumbsup:

Boone

Attachments

• 90671280.jpg
    90671280.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 2,523
   / John Deere 45 rear blade quality? features? #5  
I have one that I have used with my 4520 without problems so far. Decent blade for the money mentioned above. Mine is a 7' and you can manually move the blade moldboard to offset. Using mine with top and tilt I can get it to do a decent job. If I fold it up at some point I will get a full hydraulic model to repace it.

For $250 to $300 it is a good deal imo. It is IMatch ready if you can drill the hole for the top mast. I added a stand to mine with some square tubing.