5055e vs 5075e

/ 5055e vs 5075e #1  

Khiggins

Tractor
None
Does anyone see a reason to not get a 5075e over the 5055e, I am new to tractors and decided the tractor I like is a 5055E the dealer has a 5075E in stock and can anyone point out any reason to not get the extra horse power? The price difference is not that big of a difference, i think they want to move the one they have, have researced the prices and both are good deals, anything i need to know about the 5075e vs the 5055e? Thanks

/ 5055e vs 5075e #2  
No sir,I think they are close in size and if you got the need and $$$ for the 5075,I would get it. Im going off of nothing so I really dont know what you will be doing with the tractor but I will say you dont need a 5075 to operate 6ft equipment........

/ 5055e vs 5075e #3  
Identical machines - frame and engine, running gear. Difference is turbocharger, injector pump and injectors.

Added Hp gives you a margin to grow with on attachments and implements. Bigger mower, run a baler, etc., etc.

If the cost is close - the decision ain't...

AKfish

/ 5055e vs 5075e #4  
Identical machines - frame and engine, running gear. Difference is turbocharger, injector pump and injectors.

Added Hp gives you a margin to grow with on attachments and implements. Bigger mower, run a baler, etc., etc.

If the cost is close - the decision ain't...

AKfish

After having the new tractor for awhile what is the verdict?
I take it you are satisfied with your decision to move from a 65 hp to the 75hp model 5075M?

/ 5055e vs 5075e #5  
Does anyone see a reason to not get a 5075e over the 5055e, . . .

The ONLY thing that I can think of is that the higher HP engine will probably burn a little more fuel. Depending on how much and how hard you work the tractor, you may not even be able to tell.

As already mentioned, the advantages to more horses under the hood are numerous. When I was looking last year, I would have gladly taken a 5095M instead of the 5085M if the price had been close.

/ 5055e vs 5075e #6  
One other small thing to consider is cooling capacity and air filter capacity. As mentioned before the 5045e through the 5075e are identical except for the air/fuel delivery amounts to the engine. The cooling capacity on the 5045e is more than adequate, but I can't speak for the larger hp tractors. Also the larger hp is going to be using more air (larger turbo) so the air filter will plug up more quickly. If you don't work a lot in real hot or dusty conditions it may not make any difference. Then again Deere may have enough reserve capacity in both those systems for the large hp models.

/ 5055e vs 5075e #7  
When I bought mine, if the price had been close, and the dealer had a 5101E, I would not have hesitated in buying the bigger one.
The only difference is how much fuel is going into the same engine. Thats really what makes HP in diesels. Putting more fuel in it and putting it in a little earlier in the crank rotation. Maybe run a little higher turbo boost, but these engines can take it.

/ 5055e vs 5075e #8  
After having the new tractor for awhile what is the verdict?
I take it you are satisfied with your decision to move from a 65 hp to the 75hp model 5075M?

Truth be told, Steve - if I would have settled for the 65Hp - I'd have regretted it! I've got enough tractor to consider a higher capacity square baler and a small round baler, now.

The 50Hp @ pto would have left me on the lower edge of that equipment upgrade and really stuck.

That said... I almost wish I'd gone to a 5095M. That's about the bottom of the Hp line for a Silage Special round baler. IMO - the difference between the 5075M and the 5095M is about on a par with comparing a 3020 vs 4020. Granted, the 4020 is likely 1,000lbs heavier and the 95M is only about 500lbs heavier but the Hp difference is on track.

But... if wishes were horses - everybody would ride!! Had to draw the line at some point and I need a mower/conditioner more than a Silage round baler.

AKfish

/ 5055e vs 5075e #9  
Truth be told, Steve - if I would have settled for the 65Hp - I'd have regretted it! I've got enough tractor to consider a higher capacity square baler and a small round baler, now.

The 50Hp @ pto would have left me on the lower edge of that equipment upgrade and really stuck.

That said... I almost wish I'd gone to a 5095M. That's about the bottom of the Hp line for a Silage Special round baler. IMO - the difference between the 5075M and the 5095M is about on a par with comparing a 3020 vs 4020. Granted, the 4020 is likely 1,000lbs heavier and the 95M is only about 500lbs heavier but the Hp difference is on track.

But... if wishes were horses - everybody would ride!! Had to draw the line at some point and I need a mower/conditioner more than a Silage round baler.

AKfish

AK, why stop there? Why not just step into a 6000 series? Unless your a full time farmer how much more do you really need? Do you have a herd of cows/horses? Are you selling the hay? My other pet peave is you don't post enough pics of the A the tractors and B the unsurpased beauty of AK.;)

Matt

/ 5055e vs 5075e #10  
If the money is close I'd go for the extra hp. As others said fuel consumption is probably the main difference. Let us know what you decide! I'll probably end up with a 5e myself, just got to get sone loose ends tied up first. Don't forget pics!