Considering getting a 1643

/ Considering getting a 1643 #1  
I'm in the negotiating process with my MF dealer on the purchase of a 1648 with a FEL. Would like to hear remarks/opinions from all you present owners of a 1600 series tractor. Right now I'm trying to make up my mind between the MF1648 or a Deere 4320. Both would have the 12x12 shuttle transmisson.
So let's hear it guys, how do you like your 1643's, 1648's, 1652's, etc tractors?

/ Considering getting a 1643 #2  
Bought a 1635 nov 2009, 12x12 Powershuttle. Has been trouble free. Love everything about it.

Did not need anything bigger, Just wanted the cab. Has done it's share of work, grass, pulling a cultivator, hauling wood with pallet forks. Would but another in a second.

If you live in a cold climate, get a block heater added. The 1600 series cold starts well, but the block heater on the coldest of days makes life easier.

The 1635 is the same as the 1643, just the 1643 has the 4cyl. Had a hydrostatic tractor before this, glad we went Powershuttle,, won't go hydro again.

Nice strong frame, no hoses or anything hanging down, easy to service, hard to stay out of. :)

Hydraulics are excellent. Do not have a loader though.

:)

Last edited:
   / Considering getting a 1643 #3  
I've had my 1643 for a little over a year. Absolutely trouble free to this point. I mainly use the tractor fo bush hogging and loader work. I added a block heater to help with winter starting and a set of rear remotes that I use to run my grapple. I looked at all the major manufacturers prior to deciding on the MF. For the money, I felt that the MF was more tractor than the competition. I would recommend it without any hesitation.