Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners?

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners? #1  

Mal AC

Bronze Member
Tractor
Allis Charlmers 616, Simplicity 3410, Cub Cadet 1605, Allis Chalmers 310
Anyone else own a Simplicity 4040 or AC 616 power max? My AC just needs me to put new points and a condenser and it SHOULD run smooth.

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners? #2  
I have two 616's. They are the greatest. Check us out at "michaels tractors"

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners? #3  
Hi

I got a 77 Allis- Chalmers 720 with 60" deck! planning on restoring it when I get the chance, great little tractor and have always liked these Garden tractors! Hope to get a 620 & a 616 someday as well.

Take Care Jason B

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners? #4  
Hello,
This is my first post. I a Simplicity 4040 with a Onan CCKA that was bored out and overhauled before I got it. It has the 3pt hitch front Hydraulics and front PTO. Im trying to get the parts I need for the rear PTO. I have everything except the electric clutch. Everytime I fine one, the owner wants a very high price Im retired and on a fixed income and I can't afford the high prices.
I love this tractor, it is well built and it is a very powerful machine. I have the mower deck which needs welded and I also have the snow blade which I used to push a lot of snow with very little effort.
I also have a Oliver Super55 that runs great but I need some information on which fill port is for the Hydraulics and which one is for the transmission and what type of oil do you use in each.
Well I think that is enough for now. Any help would be appreciated.
Profesor

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners?
Congragulations on joing! I don't know anything about Olivers. I have a Allis Chalmers 616 with a 6ft belly mower. I want to find a snowblower for it but i doubt that will happen. I have front pto, hydraulics, electric clutch and the CCKA engines. I dont have a 3 pt hitch arms or rear pto. I bought my Allis Chalmers around late May or early June. I bought it from an old lady whos husband died i dont know when but he had percansines real bad and he tried to get it running for something to do, but i guess he got it started. When i bought it it hadn't been running for 2 or so years. My dad and i had it running and i drove it around the yard but then it needed points and condenser so we ordered one online and put it in and to much sparks come out so we will work on it this winter.................. if all goes well.

Do any of you powermax owners know where I can find implements for my AC?

well i found a snow blower on Craigslist for an Allis Chalmers with 48in cut that i will go look at tomorrow evening and i wll cross my fingers it will work. i was wondering if any of u AC owners could post a pic of ur snowblower if anyone had one

well today i decided to adjust the cluth belt tension for the drivebelt under the transmission oil cooler and took that off and unhooked that black metal wall thats in front of the cooler so the oil cooler would come up and the spring was 9" and the operators manual said it should be 8" so i got a socket and adjust it down as far as it would go which was 8" and put all back together so i could drive it around to see if it drove better and the throtle cable was stuck. so my dad unhooked the trans oil cooler and the matal wall and put it back in and it still didnt work. we did that a couple times and it still didnt cable still never moved that plate like it used to do. any ideas what is wrong??

/ Simplicity 4040 or Allis Chalmers 616 Power max owners? #10  
I just joined up today and could really use some help on my AC 616. I am needing to replace the starter. I have searched all over the internet and talked with local tractor dealerships/service centers and no one can find a cross-over chart with engine parts. My manuals show the OEM starter motor as 191-C734. Has anyone had to replace their starter recently and know of an acceptable replacement?

Thanks for the help.