Stihl MS250

/ Stihl MS250 #1  

Rocksprings

Silver Member
Tractor
Bota L2800 HST
I have had it with my $119.99 33cc Homelite,,, Chain won't stay on, won't start ect, ect. Today I bought a Stihl MS250. I hope it is like going from a go-cart to a Cadillac. Any comments about this model ?

/ Stihl MS250 #2  
My brother bought one years ago and loves it light weight and has never had it fail him when needed for trimming duties.

/ Stihl MS250 #3  
own one, great little saw with NO issue's other then silly fluid caps, but even they aren't bad as long as I pay attention.

/ Stihl MS250 #4  
A few years ago, Stihl changed their model numbers. Really, all they did was move the 0 from the front to the back of the number. The 025 became the 250, etc. I have a 011 and 024 Stihl saws that are at least 25 years old. Other than wear parts like chain, bar, sprocket, etc, they're still original. No real repairs or breakdowns. I also have a 046 Magnum that's a beast! It's probably more like 7 or 8 years old. Again, no problems.
Their other equipment is good stuff too. I have one of the commercial duty string trimmers, I think it's a FS-120, that will cut more than the person holding it can take. :D

One thing I would suggest. Buy the Stihl brand oil. It has a fuel stabilizer in it, and that's even more important with the low quality gas that we get nowdays. Also, Stihl's saw chain is better than any aftermarket that I've tried. There are a few things that it pays to stick with OEM.

JMHO

/ Stihl MS250 #5  
I've had a MS250 for several years now and no problems...:)

/ Stihl MS250 #6  
I'm not very good at remembering model numbers, but I'm pretty sure I've got the exact same saw. I've had pretty good luck with mine. There are times I wish I'd gotten a bigger one, but for 90% of the work I do, its the perfect saw.

/ Stihl MS250
Thanks for all the replies. You rarely hear anything bad about a Stihl.

/ Stihl MS250 #8  
I have had it with my $119.99 33cc Homelite,,, Chain won't stay on, won't start ect, ect. Today I bought a Stihl MS250. I hope it is like going from a go-cart to a Cadillac. Any comments about this model ?

Take care of it and it will last for decades. :thumbsup:

/ Stihl MS250 #9  
One thing I would suggest. Buy the Stihl brand oil. It has a fuel stabilizer in it, and that's even more important with the low quality gas that we get nowdays.

JMHO

I will second that suggestion. I was having some bad luck on gas (not that old even) in trimmers and saws. I got the stihl oil and haven't had a problem since.

MoKelly

/ Stihl MS250
I will second that suggestion. I was having some bad luck on gas (not that old even) in trimmers and saws. I got the stihl oil and haven't had a problem since.

MoKelly
I bought a six pack of their oil and they gave me an extra year on the warranty.