Box Scraper Box Blade Trade

/ Box Blade Trade #1  

milkman636

Veteran Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335 + John Deere 1023e (former owner of Kubota BX2370-1, John Deere 5210, and Ford 2000)
Back on Fathers Day I made a trade that has worked out great.

I traded my barn kept 1997 Woods HB72 box blade for a 1970's?? Servis-Rhino LT66. It is not as prettty as the Woods, but what it lacks in paint it makes up for in weight. The previous owner was using it on an old Ford with aged rear tires and no front ballast. He said it was too heavy and he really wanted to sell this and get one that was a bit lighter. So I loaded up my 628lb. Woods and took it over for him to try out. He liked it and we decided to trade even up.

This thing is substantially heavier than the Woods and works better too, but so far I have struck out in finding any info for the Rhino LT66 online.

Here are a couple of pics of the new blade.

Attachments

• DSCN8510.jpg
    DSCN8510.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,091
  • DSCN8503.jpg
    DSCN8503.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 978
   / Box Blade Trade #2  
You can do about as serious work as can be done on a tractor with a heavy box blade like that.

I cut a sand hill this past week and moved the dirt into a low place that holds water along a drive way I'm building using a rather heavy bush hog brand blade (doesn't have the nice gang teeth like that one though). Took about 10 hours total.

A light duty box wouldn't have got the job done.

/ Box Blade Trade #3  
Back on Fathers Day I made a trade that has worked out great.

I traded my barn kept 1997 Woods HB72 box blade for a 1970's?? Servis-Rhino LT66. It is not as prettty as the Woods, but what it lacks in paint it makes up for in weight. The previous owner was using it on an old Ford with aged rear tires and no front ballast. He said it was too heavy and he really wanted to sell this and get one that was a bit lighter. So I loaded up my 628lb. Woods and took it over for him to try out. He liked it and we decided to trade even up.

This thing is substantially heavier than the Woods and works better too, but so far I have struck out in finding any info for the Rhino LT66 online.

Here are a couple of pics of the new blade.
I can't find anything either. You could call their parts dept. its toll free. RHINO | Contact Us

/ Box Blade Trade #4  
Wish I could find a trade like that.

I've been contemplating selling my Bush Hog MBX720 and upgrading to a Bush Hog RBX720 for more weight and being able to quickly access the rippers. But the RBX is $2400!!!!

/ Box Blade Trade #5  
Looks as though it's missing a hinged rear blade.

Wouldn't be hard to make one up though.

That one looks pretty beefy. One of my favorite attachments

/ Box Blade Trade #6  
I love the flip up sacrificers.

Chris

/ Box Blade Trade
Looks as though it's missing a hinged rear blade.

Wouldn't be hard to make one up though.

That one looks pretty beefy. One of my favorite attachments

The Woods that I traded had the hinged floating back blade, and so far I honestly have not missed it.

I am thinking about bolting some heavy angle on the back just to keep the pointy supports from cutting in when I'm back grading. The L would point down with the bottom edge flush instead of protruding below like a cutting edge would. After I scrounge some angle iron up I"ll post some pics.

/ Box Blade Trade
I love the flip up sacrificers.

Chris

Absolutely! They are a huge improvment over getting off of the tractor and dropping or raising each one individually.