CVT tranny update New Holland 3045

/ CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
I tried to make this post awhile ago and it got lost in cyber space so if it appears twice my apologies.

I was asked to update this forum as to how I like the CVT tranny after using it for awhile. I now have 130+ hours on the tractor and IMHO it has done more then I could have hoped for. I have put in a foundation, chipped brush, hauled logs, bush hogged and mixed cement with the new tractor and it has been a real treat. No stalling as some thought it might and the forward back leaver is not an issue. I particularly like push button the range selection. SO thumbs up for the new old tech, lol.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• backfilled.jpg
    backfilled.jpg
    374.2 KB · Views: 297
  • ICF.jpg
    ICF.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 303
  • Threepoint mixer.jpg
    Threepoint mixer.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 411
  • dirt.jpg
    dirt.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 360
   / CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #2  
I missed your initial post. Is this your first tractor? If not, how was the transition?

Some mentioned / inferred that some dealers didn't perform adequate calibration - did you need to? or was the tractor already setup?

/ CVT tranny update New Holland 3045
I had a gas tractor, see my avatar, lol. There is definitely a change from gears to hydrostatic drives to CVT. There is a slight pause before engaging going from forward to reverse and a different feel that takes awhile to get comfortable with but once there it worked extremely well. This is my first cut tractor for sure but I really had my doubts when reading posts about the perceived differences between the hydrostatic and CVT. I have a cub cadet hydrostatic and it is a weird feeling with the lack of solid control going down an incline I don't get that with the CVT. It really does a good job with the dirt. I don't have teeth on the FEL but was able to gouge out and remove load after load of soil no problem. It sounds different and feels different but works great, lol.

/ CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #4  
I was asked to update this forum as to how I like the CVT tranny after using it for awhile.

Glad the CVT has been working out for you. I have yet to try one on
a tractor....it does look like a very promising alternative to HST.

I see you are using ARXX ICFs. Did you pour all the stem walls with your
tractor mixer?! Or did you shute it or pump it?

Glad the CVT has been working out for you. I have yet to try one on
a tractor....it does look like a very promising alternative to HST.

I see you are using ARXX ICFs. Did you pour all the stem walls with your
tractor mixer?! Or did you shute it or pump it?

I have a bum ticker so I did the footing in stages (13+ yards) with the mixer. A few hours ever other day depending on weather and how I felt. Five cubic feet per mix, 70+ mixes, yikes so I pumped the 7+ yards for the ICF, lol

Attachments

• pumper.jpg
    pumper.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 268
   / CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #6  
I have the same mixer and my ticker only keeps me guessing. All I know is, shoveling that thing full is a workout for me. How do you fill yours? Hoppers, or like me, with the 'hand operated backhoe?'

I have the same mixer and my ticker only keeps me guessing. All I know is, shoveling that thing full is a workout for me. How do you fill yours? Hoppers, or like me, with the 'hand operated backhoe?'

To load the mixer I was using a three\two\one mix, so to keep the proportions right I had sever drywall pails and filled them and dumped them into the mixer. For filling the footings I dumped into a wheel barrow or right into the form. Note the happy faces, lol, my cousins heart is worst then mine.

Attachments

• pails.jpg
    pails.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 350
   / CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #8  
Since one of the selling points of this mixer was that a full load uses one whole sack of cement, I developed a technique for adding the cement. When it's time to put it in, I toss it in, sack and all. Of course, I get someone to help me lift it. After just a few tumbles, the sack is torn open and emptied, and the paper comes to the top and I just pull it out.

It's hard for me to believe now, except for my bad back reminding me, that I used to be a hod carrier, and then after that, a brick, stone, and block layer. Now I weigh 46 pounds more than a sack of cement and it hurts to put on my socks in the morning.

As I often say it is not the age but the mileage. I chose wear out instead of rust out lol. :thumbsup: Take it easy with you in spirit.

/ CVT tranny update New Holland 3045 #10  
As I often say it is not the age but the mileage. I chose wear out instead of rust out lol. :thumbsup: Take it easy with you in spirit.

That is a great line!