RickB! Block heater for TD95D problems

/ RickB! Block heater for TD95D problems #1  

Jerry/MT

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TD95D, Ford 4610 & Kubota M4500
Hi Rick:
I'm installing the block hearer (CNH Part No. 47126890) on my 2007 TD95D I've installed block heaters before and with the help of my home made tool, I got the threaded block plug out.
My problem is in installing the block heater itself. It should be a no brainer but there is hardly any clearance around the element (the cylinder castings have ribs on them and the installation hole is placed so that part of the back cylinder is "in front of" the opening. It feels like I'm touching something with the element when I tighten the adapter that contains the element. I've tried it several times and there is a narrow "window where the unit can possibly go but once I snug the main adapter down, I can't move the part that contains the element even though its nut is loose.
I called my local dealer and he says that the part number I have is correct. He put me on to their service people and they say they never had any problems installing them but they hadn't installed on on this model tractor. The part is ~$90 and I don't want to fry it because the part doesn't work in my engine.
I have had problems with the this model before( incorrect oil level in manuals, etc) so I'm leary of just taking their word for it on the parts being correctly designed for this model. Incidently, the installation instruction say "Fiat 8060 engine". Philips Temro ( their part no. 8600333) who, I believe makes the elements, lists it for a 338 cu in Iveco truck engine.

My question to you is has your dealership installed these units on the Teir II TD95D engines without these difficulties? I'm open for any advice you might have to offer on this specifc installation. I can get meore help here than from the dealership. It's a branch office with minimum service support and the main office is 250 miles south in Dillon. And besides, anybody with an IQ of 2 above a geranium should be able to install a block heater!

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom you might offer.

Regards,
Jerry

P.S. Anyone else out there have his problem?

Last edited:
   / RickB! Block heater for TD95D problems
Hi Rick:
I'm installing the block hearer (CNH Part No. 47126890) on my 2007 TD95D I've installed block heaters before and with the help of my home made tool, I got the threaded block plug out.
My problem is in installing the block heater itself. It should be a no brainer but there is hardly any clearance around the element (the cylinder castings have ribs on them and the installation hole is placed so that part of the back cylinder is "in front of" the opening. It feels like I'm touching something with the element when I tighten the adapter that contains the element. I've tried it several times and there is a narrow "window where the unit can possibly go but once I snug the main adapter down, I can't move the part that contains the element even though its nut is loose.
I called my local dealer and he says that the part number I have is correct. He put me on to their service people and they say they never had any problems installing them but they hadn't installed on on this model tractor. The part is ~$90 and I don't want to fry it because the part doesn't work in my engine.
I have had problems with the this model before( incorrect oil level in manuals, etc) so I'm leary of just taking their word for it on the parts being correctly designed for this model. Incidently, the installation instruction say "Fiat 8060 engine". Philips Temro ( their part no. 8600333) who, I believe makes the elements, lists it for a 338 cu in Iveco truck engine.

My question to you is has your dealership installed these units on the Teir II TD95D engines without these difficulties? I'm open for any advice you might have to offer on this specifc installation. I can get meore help here than from the dealership. It's a branch office with minimum service support and the main office is 250 miles south in Dillon. And besides, anybody with an IQ of 2 above a geranium should be able to install a block heater!

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom you might offer.

Regards,
Jerry

P.S. Anyone else out there have his problem?

Just wanted to close this question out. I found the "sweet spot" for the block heater element on the TD95D. I probed the water jacket with my finger found that 1 o'clock seemed like it would work, but it didn't. I tried downward and it felt like 5 o'clock would work. When I tried it it did.The element has to point at about the 5 o'clock position and it has about +/-15°of rotation at that position before it hits anything. All the other block heaters I have installed pointed up at 12 o'clock and had plenty of room in the water jacket. Not so this one.

I emailed the folks at Phillips-Temro who make the element and they replied and said that in some installations, the clearences are as small at 1/4" and offered their help, as did RickB. But I found it by "trial and error."