Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #1  
I'm going to terrorize the deal on Monday!

I've got 5 hours on the meter and I've torn up the hitch... well not really but...

For whatever reason the bars are binding on the backhoe mount right around full lift height ... It doesn't help matters that the lift jerks and shakes the tractor ... I pulled the auger out of a hole and it flopping allover as it came up and out of the hole ... the upper bar on the left side made contact with the backhoe mount... I basically had no control of the speed at which the the hitch lifts... the PTO control valve may as well be an on/off switch.

The damage does not affect function but the bar has a little tweak to it and the backhoe mount has an area where the metal has been chamfered :mad:

Prior to delivery I had a conversation with the dealer regarding PTO operation and the 3-point hitch jerking issue based on the info I received from this forum. I was assured the hitch would operate smoothly. Guess I am going to take this baby on the road Monday morning.

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #2  
In the course of two days, Kubota has had a happy customer and an unhappy one, and all because of the same old problem that has dogged this line for so long..

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... It is beyond belief that Kubota has allowed this problem to go on for so long, and in the process, turned the 3800, an otherwise nice tractor, into less than it should be..

I would have traded up to an L-3800 by now were it not for this headache..

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #3  
You'll have to keep us posted o what the dealer says, and if they actually fix the problem, what EXACTALLY they did to it:thumbsup:

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #4  
Littlehorse here is some "ammunition" for you. showing it can be fixed

since I posted this there has been a 3rd tractor we know of that has been fixed. The threads are long, but you may be able to use the you tube vids as evidence:

This after the repair of tractor 1

Hitch - YouTube

and this one with auger on back after the repair of tractor 1

Kubota L3800 jerky 3 point hitch fixed - YouTube

This one is of tractor 2 after the repair, it is much improved and it is a
L3700SU. he can make it jerk a little, by going painfully slow, but
it is way better than most stock units.

L3700SU Jerky Hitch After Dealer Repair - YouTube

L3700SU Hitch After Dealer Repair Showing Rear Scraper Blade Performance - YouTube

This video is of tractor 3 an 2009 L3400DT, that is unmodified. While this is not my tractor
mine is exactly like this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uceJXZaUnMo

see the difference? boom pole operation impossible, grader blade and box blade
operation is doable just gotta "overshoot" and feather down to where you
want it.

Here is a link to one of the many threads on TBN about this problem

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...12048-kubota-dealer-really-starting-piss.html

Hope this helps

James K0UA

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch
UPDATE:

I have 10 hours on the new L3800. I switched out the auger for the box scraper.

I'm sure you'll find this odd but the hydraulics work just fine. I did not touch the adjustment under the seat. I went to work cutting the rest of the driveway ... back and forth, up and down ... I was at it for about an hour and then realized "hey this thing is operating smoothly" ...

Not sure what to think. I've got some grading work to do this week and then will be switching back to the auger. I am going to skip the visit to the dealer as I am well aware if the problem is not reproducible nothing will be repaired.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :thumbsup:

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch
Littlehorse here is some "ammunition" for you. showing it can be fixed

This video is of tractor 3 an 2009 L3400DT, that is unmodified. While this is not my tractor
mine is exactly like this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uceJXZaUnMo

Hope this helps

James K0UA

I watched the video posted above ... this is exactly what my tractor was doing with the auger attached. I was actually a little more violent ... perhaps because I was working the controls quickly?

I any event this was my initial experience from .5 hours

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #7  
For me, before the repair work.

Down was never any problem, this can be adjusted fast or slow by the rate knob.
Up in one moderately quick movement with the lever, usually was not too bad, the implement would raise by usually a large amount. Fine for just up/down work.
Up in small increments or slowly raising is where it gets terrible shakes. Trying to raise the PHD slowly or raise a box blade by 1/2 inch you'll get some bad jerking.

Light(er) implements tend to exacerbate the issue because they don't have the weight to provide any damping.

I like the tractor otherwise. And after dealer worked on it, I am much happier with the tractor. This whole issue defies logic for me.

/ Yeah you were right ... Herky Jerky 3-point hitch #8  
I watched the video posted above ... this is exactly what my tractor was doing with the auger attached. I was actually a little more violent ... perhaps because I was working the controls quickly?

I any event this was my initial experience from .5 hours

As stated previously, it is when you move the position control slowly up that the violent jerking occurs. Down is silky smooth, and up quickly, no problem, Just Up slowly is jerky-city.

James K0UA