Front-End Loader Worst things to do to a FEL

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #1  

LandGuy

Tractor
Kioti CK35 HST
Hi everybody. I'm still learning how to properly use the loader on my 2010 Kioti CK35 HST. I try to be careful with it and am trying to get a feel for its limitations, as well as its abilities. I thought a discussion of the things NOT TO DO to/with a loader might make for an interesting thread. Not just from a safety perspective but from a mechanical one.

Your thoughts?

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #2  
Don't asymmetrically load it either with a chain or by pushing. Don't use it as a bulldozer or to ram things. Don't push tree branches or tree trunks that can act as a huge spring and take your head off. Don't push over trees which can break off high up and crash down on you. Don't use it without adequate rear ballast. Don't transport weight in it when elevated. Don't lift heavy objects when on a surface inclined perpendicular to the tractor. Don't ride people in it.

When used as a portable beer cooler, put the ice in before the beer.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #3  
Don't lift or push anything with the corner of the bucket. That can twist the loader frame.
Do not neglect to use rear ballast to match the intended load.
Don't use a loader as a bulldozer....they're loaders, not bulldozers and not excavators.

There's a few to start...

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #4  
DO not dig with the loader bucket it is ment for loose materials only.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #5  
Yeah, that is going to go over big time. I would add, don't tow or pull with the FEL. But that will go over big also.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #7  
Unless you want to bend or break bucket cylinders, do not back drag with the bucket tilted forward beyond 15 degrees. Do not back drag with front wheels off the ground.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #8  

Well, not sure if i totally agree with this one. Ive dug with my loader buckets for 14 years..never had an issue. But my soil is decomposed granite and digs fairly easily. Now if i had more rocky soil then i would agree.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #9  
All good advice some of which I am sure I have ignored either due to ignorance or expediency, just be prepared to pay the repair bills.

/ Worst things to do to a FEL #10  
Well, not sure if i totally agree with this one. Ive dug with my loader buckets for 14 years..never had an issue. But my soil is decomposed granite and digs fairly easily. Now if i had more rocky soil then i would agree.

I agree. That's a judgement call that you have to make based on your particular soil conditions and hardware.