Hydraulic problem with a 53 NAA Golden Jubilee

/ Hydraulic problem with a 53 NAA Golden Jubilee #1  

SAM123

Tractor
TN75S
My 3pt. hitch will pulsate when there is any weight on it. The tractor sat for twenty years. I believe blow by of the seals is the problem. My question is, do I have to split the tractor to change the seals or can I do this through the top inspection plate? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 246482-DSC00565.JPG
    246482-DSC00565.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 275
   / Hydraulic problem with a 53 NAA Golden Jubilee #2  
SAM123

You may not have to - most of the hydraulics can be gotten to after removing the "cover" under the seat. There is a video out (very homespun but great stuff) that describes the full tear-down and re-do of the NAA and 600 hydraulics. There's a lot of very minor things you can do to correct issues - mostly cleaning out gunk in various passages and the like. There's also some very good info on just how to take off what and when ("keep your finger over the end of the port to keep the ball bearing in place" - or "don't remove this bolt on the cover - it's holding x in place underneath."

Definitely worth the $20 or so. Most of the old parts places that cater to Fords carry it. I bought one for my father-in-law but we didn't get round to the NAA hydraulics this past winter. Maybe next year.

Great old tractors.

/ Hydraulic problem with a 53 NAA Golden Jubilee
Thanks for the help!

/ Hydraulic problem with a 53 NAA Golden Jubilee #4  
Another sub I reead has a bunch of tractor guru's in it as well.. one guy ZANE, is a retired ford mechanic.

9N / 2N / 8N /NAA

Give them a try.

Soundguy