4-in-1 The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #1  

Estif

The \"4\" in 4-in-1 bucket

I was admiring one of those 4-in-1 buckets today (always with the thought of building one. Inveterate tinkerer! I build less than 1% of my thoughts...) And I got to wondering what exactly the "4" are. Came up with this list:
1. loader bucket
2. dozer blade
3. grabber to pick up logs and brush and etc.
4. ???

Are the hooks #4? If not, what is?

Thanks,

Steve

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #2  
Re: The \"4\" in 4-in-1 bucket

I've been told that the fourth function is the "scraper" or "shaver" - I don't know if it's true or not.

The way it works is like this: If you open the bucket a few inches (or more, depending on how deep you want to dig), and back-drag, the rear of the moveable part of the bucket will shave dirt very effectively, with the fixed part of the bucket acting as a depth gauge.

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #3  

Steve-Go to "http://sdibi.northern.edu/smc/diggers.html".

JOhn

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #4  

Rich, thanks for Longs phone number. Talked to them today on 4 in 1 bucket and looks like I going to get one. Question is, what is the scoop on this solenoid tranfer valve that shifts the flow from the either the bucket curl circuit or lift circuit to the clam-shell rams circuit.
I understand that it mounts on your joystick and lets you shift from either the curl or lift circuit to the 4 way rams? Which is the better choice for cutting into, the curl circuit or the lift circuit. What are the advantages or disadvantges or either one? What did Mark, Rich or Gordon do here? I have a 72" bucket on my JD 970 that weighs about 150#s the same size 4 way weighs in at about 400 #s. Should I go with the same size bucket or go smaller because of the added weight? They will build to any size you want in two inch icrements.
Let me know guys, quicker ordered quicker installed!

thanks again,
george

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #5  

George - Check out the posts in my "L4310 Enhancements" thread in the "Kubota Owning" area. They discuss the 4-in-1 plumbing issue in considerable detail.

I think I'd suggest you back down in bucket size a bit to save some weight. You're eating into your overall lift capacity by a considerable amount if you don't.

MarkC
ChalkleySig2.gif

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket

John, thanks much for that website. The pictures showed a lot of things I hadn't thought of.

Steve

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #7  

Mark, tried to find 4 in 1 bucket info in your "L4310 Enhancement Posts" and was not sucessful. It is obvious that I wasn't looking in the right places. Could you give a date range or post # range? When I go to search am I not searching the archives? Anyway, I think you are right on the bucket size taking away from my lift capacity. Going to measure my wheel width and go with a slightly larger bucket to still get a decent job on back dragging. Long is not afraid to use iron when builing those 4 and 1 buckets, [censored] they are heavy.
thanks again,
george

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #9  

keoke,
Are you sure a 6ft bucket only weights 150lbs?? I have a 5footer and never checked but my gut tells me it has to weigh over 250, a 6 footer should be even more. Heck, my 7ft back blade weighs over 400lbs and that has less steel than a bucket.......

/ The "4" in 4-in-1 bucket #10  

Desire to call Long with a question. I've searched the archives here under "Long" and found people talking about long, people thanking people for Longs phone number, but as of yet, I've found no reference to their actual phone number. Can someone kindly post it for me?

Possibly, the Forum Master could start a location in addition to url's, one of phone numbers? Though I suspect there are to few to really necessatate that /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Thanks and Happy Holidays