Montana Parts places

/ Montana Parts places #1  

Sackett2

Platinum Member
Tractor
Montana 4344HST
As Montana has declined, I worry about getting parts. So I have found 2 places that do help me very well; and thought I would share them.
One is a small farm store on the coast of Oregon. Andy at 541-572-1000, a nice old guy but not quick with computers and "working the system" I needed a cable end for my loader last year, he had it shipped to him then shipped it to me, then I mailed a check. It worked but slow.
I just found Vintage Tractor in Sparks Oklahoma. (918) 866-2511. I called him about the same part this year, as Andy said the part is back ordered. When I told them that it was back ordered, they called the loader manufacture and the part is being dropped shipped to me in about a week.
I did call Farmtrac, Montana, Landtrac, Longtrac, LS tractor Parts (918 696 5965) and they also deal in Montana parts, but not the loaders.

Anyone else have places they want to post info on? I figure having a bunch of numbers in one thread could help us all.

/ Montana Parts places #2  
As a new owner of a well (ab)used Montana that's needed a lot of small items, this is what has worked for me... ordering all my Montana parts from an LS Tractor dealer! It was made by and is an LS anyway. The only things that they haven't been able to supply is the loader parts since Montana sourced loaders from different places.

You can download a parts catalog for your Montana tractor model from Parts For Montana Tractors and look up the Montana part numbers that you need. That way there should be no question that you are picking the correct part. And they are very concise catalogs.
Then find your closest LS Tractor dealer and fax or email the list of numbers you need to them. They can fax the list to LS and LS can cross reference the Montana numbers to the current LS part numbers and reply to the dealer with stock on hand and pricing. And if you are some distance from the dealer like me or you just want them to, LS will drop ship the parts to you via UPS.
And I've found the prices to be very reasonable.

/ Montana Parts places
understand the LS connection; but the last 2 parts I have needed have been loader parts; and that isnt a LS part.

/ Montana Parts places #4  
understand the LS connection; but the last 2 parts I have needed have been loader parts; and that isnt a LS part.

As noted in my first paragraph about the loader parts. LS dealers can still order those directly from the Montana tractor company. They are still in business to supply parts to ex-Montana dealers and LS dealers. Montana Tractors: Parts, Service and Warranty