Glow plug operation

/ Glow plug operation #1  

Jeffp

Tractor
Kioti CK30HST
What is the correct way for the glow plug to work?it comes on first start of the day, but if I shut the tractor off and then turn the key back on, is glow plug supposed to come on again?

/ Glow plug operation #2  
The glow plug would only come on for the initial start because it preheats the fuel.

Unless the tractor cools down significantly the glow plug would not come on again.

/ Glow plug operation #3  
On my CK20 the glow plug comes on every time I start the engine. Once it is warmed up and I am restarting it, I seldom wait for the glow plug light to go out before cranking it up but it does come on.

/ Glow plug operation #4  
The glow plugs do turn on when the engine is cold. There is a glow plug relay that does get a temperature signal and if below a certain temp, sorry I don't remember the temp, they will turn on again. Michigan Iron had advised the temp in a previous post. If the engine was in normal temp range, turned off for a few minutes, outside temp dependant for cooling of the engine, the glow plugs should not turn on.

/ Glow plug operation #5  
Mine have come on every time, hot or cold. Has been doing it since the first day.

/ Glow plug operation #6  
My ck20 the light comes on everytime too. But as previously stated I don't wait if Eng is already warm.

/ Glow plug operation
thanks for the info, the dealer told me that it is supposed to come on everytime it starts, which I don't think so. He already changed the ignition and the timer and it is still not right. He has had it almost two weeks now and just had to order another part.

/ Glow plug operation #8  
Maybe the CK20 is different than my CK30hst but my glow plug light doesn't come on when the engine is reasonably warm.

/ Glow plug operation
that is what I've always seen Victor, glow plug comes on when engine is cold and not when it is warm. On my CK30, that is how it was working but then the light would stay on after it was started for quite a while. But dealer is telling me that it is supposed to go on everytime the key is turned on. Beginning to wonder about the dealer.

/ Glow plug operation #10  
What is the correct way for the glow plug to work?it comes on first start of the day, but if I shut the tractor off and then turn the key back on, is glow plug supposed to come on again?

Possibly a more accurate question is: "Does your tractor start when you turn the key to cranking- when the tractor is up to operating temp, in ambient temps that are above 40 ~ 50 degrees F ?"

If you are having trouble starting at these temps try turning the key toward cranking but stopping before the engine cranks, one 'click' back- the glow light should come on - and you can hold it there for 20-30 seconds to allow the glow plugs to preheat the chamber for extra starting ease.
Note: the above statement MAY NOT apply to the CK series- but it does to the DK's. And on DK's the light does NOT light after initial cold start UNLESS the temp of the engine calls for it through the relay/ temp sensor.

Hope this helps.